Almost as big a leap as Kumar :P

Nikhil

Skilled
I was using a Nokia 1100 for abt a month. Thenm I started using my dad's old 6610. He bought that cell in April of 2004. Then, my sister used it for abt 8 months till April this year, then I started using it.

It had a variety of problems. Loudspeaker was not working, the phone never had a loud mode. If I got a call, it only vibrated. The keypad was conked, battery life was abt 6 hrs. It would show full battery and the next second, switch off giving a message saying "battery empty". And yeah, the panel was also cracked and I didnt want to spend a few hundred bucks buying a new panel.

Anyway, yetserday I got this --- the SE k790i. It is an awesome phone. The only major gripe as of now is that the sim card holder is ridiculously designed and it is nearly impossible to remove the sim card. I used a small screwdriver to get it out.

the keypad is also pretty small, but that I can live with it.

The Xenon flash is really awesome. It is as powerful as the flash on any normal digital camera.

Now, I have a few queries. As you can see from the pics, I cant plug in my EP 630 into the phone.

Where can I get the 3.5mm adapter ? Like the one that comes on Walkman phones. And how much will it cost ?

And any good websites for themes for this phone ? Preferably car/bike themes. I can also live with some Deepika Padukone/Priyanka Chopra/Katrina Kaif themes :D

On the box, they have said that a 64mb card is included. When I opened it at the shop itself, the 64mb card wasnt there. We demanded it as it is given on the box. The salesguys were surprised and then they started saying that nowadays, the memory card isnt included and all that. To be honest, I think they are right coz the pack I got was sealed and had even the SONY ERICSSON Hologram seal intact.

But anyway, because we insisted, they removed some 64MB card from somewhere and gave that to me. And a SANDISK 1 GB card M2 card with the Memory Stick Pro adapter.

More pics from the camera later. Need to know how to take really good pics with it.

Total cost --- 12.3K. All taxes included and a 1GB card thrown in as well.

Get a original HPM-70 handsfree, those are the ones given to most walkman phones. Use a EP 630 with it, will sound great :D Tell me when you're getting, I need one too. Mine's conked off :(

There is another handsfree called HPM-85 available in national market. You get somewhat headphones with it, but its utter crap. But you get walkman controls, play pause, next track, volume etc. too ;) Worked with my W750i before, but my HPM was still intact didnt buy it :p

1Gb wont be enuf, i'm suffering coz of no space for songs :p out of 960MB, 920 in my phone are songs. Not enough :(

bad choice :no: :no:

u should have gone for K800i

Sony_Ericsson_K800i.jpg

Sony Ericsson - Mobile phones - Overview - K800i

almost the same money,better phone :hap2:

palito said:
bad choice :no: :no:

u should have gone for K800i

Sony_Ericsson_K800i.jpg

Sony Ericsson - Mobile phones - Overview - K800i

almost the same money,better phone :hap2:

It is the exact same phone :p

In India, you dont get the k800i. Only the k790i. The k800i has an extra camera in front for video conferencing which is useless in India. The difference between the two phones is that the K790 supports GSM and EDGE, while the K800 supports UMTS and GSM.

@Sunny ---- How much is the HPM 70 and the HPM 85 ?

Nikhil said:
It is the exact same phone :p

In India, you dont get the k800i. Only the k790i. The k800i has an extra camera in front for video conferencing which is useless in India. The difference between the two phones is that the K790 supports GSM and EDGE, while the K800 supports UMTS and GSM.

sorry :no: :no: did not know that :no:

Nikhil said:

Its 1400 in the showroom and 450-500 elsewhere :p

HPM85 last time i asked, 800. But the headset you get is almost useless, so a EP 630 is necessary.

Google for HPM-82, the bottom unit is the same as you get for the HPM-85.

HPM-90 is absolute droolmaal :drool: too bad cant find it in india :( just UK. Its cheaper than the 85!!!

palito said:
sorry :no: :no: did not know that :no:

Hehe, it's ok. I spent 12K on this mobile. I am not going to purchase it blindly without researching on the net :p

SunnyBoi said:
Its 1400 in the showroom and 450-500 elsewhere :p

HPM85 last time i asked, 800. But the headset you get is almost useless, so a EP 630 is necessary.

Google for HPM-82, the bottom unit is the same as you get for the HPM-85.

HPM-90 is absolute droolmaal :drool: too bad cant find it in india :( just UK. Its cheaper than the 85!!!

hmmm..... approximate price of HPM 82 ? that seems to be the best bet and not anything else.... Will google for HPM-90.

Udit said:
congrats :D

where is your beautiful logitech elite keyboard?

Thank you :D

And the Logitech keyboard is conked out. SO, using some HP keyboard.

Congrats on the new phone there:hap2:
Its a great phone..
And for taking good pics,i insist u don't increase the brightness more than +0.5
coz it will result in more noise..
Just try mastering auto focus modes acc. to your shooting needs,and u'll get awesome pics.:p
And one more thing,in the camera menus set the "picture quality" to fine from normal.
For using ep630's u need to get a HPM 70 Handsfree,and thats the cheapest option.
And for the all the goodies heres ur link:
K790i themes,games,wallpapers,softwares,screensavers and much more

Enjoy!

audiophile2rock said:
Congrats on the new phone there:hap2:
Its a great phone..
And for taking good pics,i insist u don't increase the brightness more than +0.5
coz it will result in more noise..
Just try mastering auto focus modes acc. to your shooting needs,and u'll get awesome pics.:p
And one more thing,in the camera menus set the "picture quality" to fine from normal.
For using ep630's u need to get a HPM 70 Handsfree,and thats the cheapest option.
And for the all the goodies heres ur link:
K790i themes,games,wallpapers,softwares,screensavers and much more

Enjoy!

Thank you !! And I have already set the picture quality to Fine.

SunnyBoi said:
not avail in india. :(

On the Sony Ericsson website, it lists the HPM 90.

Sony Ericsson - Accessories - Overview

congrats nikhil..

u'll fall in love with SE phones in no time..:p.

btw .. me using w610 @ k550i..;)

for the walkman series kind of extension (3.5mm) u can buy the cheapest hpm70/85 from ebay.in..i got mine for ~300...the sound was utter crap..but the extension cable is good..:) .. am using it with ep-630..roxx..

super_saiyan said:
for the walkman series kind of extension (3.5mm) u can buy the cheapest hpm70/85 from ebay.in..i got mine for ~300...the sound was utter crap..but the extension cable is good..:) .. am using it with ep-630..roxx..

prob is with the EP 630, the handsfree becomes tooo long. So i use the orig small earphones when riding, swap to EP 630 when i'm in office :p

^^^ Congrats Nikhil.... :D

Gr8 purchase...

I dont practically see any major diff b/w the k800i from urs tho...

Back