Linux Alt Special Character

bilal

Disciple
Is anyone familiar with ATL special Character....for exmaple...

®- How to get this symbol by justing pressing couple of keys....
To get this sign"®" hold ALT and press 0174 and u'll get the special character....

Here is a website...where you can get hints on all these special characters...

Special Characters

bilal , this are what are known as dead keys. Here's a wikpedia entry on tht . It's actually used alongwith letters such as ú as for útorrent rather than just plain utorrent ;)

In fact, wikipedia has dedicated a whole impressive page to diacritic . I haven't looked at the article yet but I think it would be saying on the same thing as wikipedia. I've been playing with these for quite a long time.

shirish said:
KK,
I'm sure u're the one who makes all those fancy ASCII artwork in the .nfo files in any .torrent file :bleh:
No...I never knew about this stuff....well I did...but I used the xp software...whrer u can choose these characters...u know what i mean...:)

THIS IS A NEW DISCOVERY TO ME!!!!

Thanks for the rep..BLUEDIAMOND

These keys are good for game screennames...for exmaple...in Halo u can make ur own unquie screenname

Because they require you to press 4 keys (for ASCII, more for Unicode) as compared to the standard 1.

Do you always do 4 times the work for everything? I guess not.

Used to use this in the good ol' days of DOS. Its a great way to prevent someone opening your directory....unless they too know about the codes....

Back