Altec Lancing ATP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

1235sam

Disciple
I am selling my beloved Altec Lancing ATP3

These were probably one of the best 2.1 speakers below $100. The successor sounds worst (just like new Mx6021 vs old Mx5021 . Dont know what is wrong with Altec Lancing\Logitch all new versions of their speakers have deteriorated SQ :mad: only electronic product where is there is progress in reverse direction :() It got discontinued 3 years ago

Never had any trouble whatsoever . Working great :)

Reason for sale : Upgrading

Purchase date : August 2007

Warranty/Bill : No/No(Lost it) would provide my own testing warranty

As the sub unit is huge i would prefer local Pune buyers. Can arrange deal in Mumbai also

Price : 2900/- (All negotiations via PM route)

[attachment=9415:16115.attach]

Steep price for an end of the line product.
Procuring even a single IC would not be possible as RASHI is pathetic with its byzantine policies.

Not the price anybody would want to purchase a set for which is just inviting headaches if anything goes kaput.

I own ATP3. And I know this is one the best 2.1 system under 3000Rs. But bro you should reconsider the price. AFAIK I bought it for 2800 with bill and warranty around 4 years back.

cisco_tech said:
I own ATP3. And I know this is one the best 2.1 system under 3000Rs. But bro you should reconsider the price. AFAIK I bought it for 2800 with bill and warranty around 4 years back.

thanks for suggestion

I had bought them for 4k. Resale value for Audio gears is strange. We all know now a days old MX5021 is sold almost at purchase value because it is unique. I believe ATP3 is something similar. IMO there is no speaker currently up to 5k which can deliver SQ comparable to ATP3. Anyway I am open to negations via PM :)

I can attest to the fact that these sound great. I have a VS4121 and its too bass heavy with no mids. But still, Its a steep price to pay for an EOL product out of warranty. For your benefit, revise the price for a quick sale. Just a suggestion.

1235sam said:
thanks for suggestion

I had bought them for 4k. Resale value for Audio gears is strange. We all know now a days old MX5021 is sold almost at purchase value because it is unique. I believe ATP3 is something similar. IMO there is no speaker currently up to 5k which can deliver SQ comparable to ATP3. Anyway I am open to negations via PM :)

In any given universe, Atp3 wont hold a candle to MX5021

First of all, MX5021 are not sold at purchase value, i own a set and i know the trend. And Secondly i can assure you that MX5021's part are not to be found anywhere as support is non existent. ATP3 has followed trend. So its more of a sureshot way to put your 3500 in jeopardy with no peace of mind.

kris_one said:
I can attest to the fact that these sound great. I have a VS4121 and its too bass heavy with no mids. But still, Its a steep price to pay for an EOL product out of warranty. For your benefit, revise the price for a quick sale. Just a suggestion.

Thanks mate

Spacescreamer said:
In any given universe, Atp3 wont hold a candle to MX5021

First of all, MX5021 are not sold at purchase value, i own a set and i know the trend. And Secondly i can assure you that MX5021's part are not to be found anywhere as support is non existent. ATP3 has followed trend. So its more of a sureshot way to put your 3500 in jeopardy with no peace of mind.

I never compared ATP3 to MX5021 based on SQ.

I think we have already made our point.

To summarize

view one: This EOL product with zero warranty , if anything goes wrong buyer will be in trouble.

This is insanely overpriced.Sell if for cheaper price.

view two
: This is unique product, even though I had purchased it for 4k, currently there is no speaker in the market up to 5k to match SQ of this one. So my price is justified IMO. Read the reviews of ATP3 or listen in person. Even though this is out of warranty, audio gears have far less failure rate.

Neither of us is wrong, it just that we belong to different view group. I belong to view two that is why I am ready to pay 5-5.5k for MX5021 which is also EOL and out of warranty and was available for 6k brand new before it got discontinued. If I do not find buyers with View two, I will reduce the price. As we have made our point , let the buyers decide what is correct price.

The way you quoted MX5021 being sold for the price value, it wasnt needed here. Both are not comparable.

Anyhow, Your view are solely based as a seller and hence being adamant regarding the cost and 'uniqueness' of the speaker.

I think the views expressed here are good enough to make people understand the perils and price tag as a potential buyer.

So goodluck to you in selling the set.

[mod] Please, no more tech posts here. Both the OP and Spacescreamer have stated their points which should be enough for a prospective buyer to make a decision from. [/mod]

I picked up an ATP3 1.5 years back for Rs. 1700. It was already 1.5 years old. But wat a brilliant piece of equipment it is. Works flawlessly. Sound output is just brilliant. I was hunting these speakers for a long time. Don't think I'll ever trade it for anything else :D

if some one interested in ATP 3 do tell me if this piece gets sold i have it

working 100% flawlessly msg me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back