CPU/Mobo Altec Lansing AHS502i - Mic problem

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
I recently purchased a pair of Altec Lansing AHS502i headphones. It has a switch on its cable setting the included microphone to mute, low, or high volume levels. I have problems with this switch when i connect it to my main pc.

1)sometimes just a weird tone is recorded when et in the mute or low positions

2)when switching from one setting to another, the recording is ususally cut off, and may or may not resume recording after a minute.

However, all of these problems are eliminated when i connect the headphones to my laptop.

I use the onboard sound of my Asus K8N (Realtek ALC850). Enclosing pics. Note how even though i dont have surround speakers, the connector sensing shows that i do; could that be a problem? Or is it drivers? Does noise suppression have anything to do with this?

Also, do i download the audio drivers from the asus site or the realtek site?

On an nForce3/4 platform, there are 2 ways/drivers to use your onboard sound.

1. Either get the official Realtek drivers - which also happens to be the same drivers that all motherboard manufacturers host on their site.

2. Your nForce platform drivers are also capable of running the audio controller, and when you install your nForce drivers they automatically take control of your sound from the Realtek drivers.

If you've installed your Realtek drivers after installing the nForce platform drivers, you can be sure you're running on the Realtek drivers.

- About the connector sensing, dunno if you actually did it but - did you click on "Start" in the connector sensing tab ?

- In the speaker configuration tab, try changing it to 2Ch speaker, to avoid it from thinking there are surround sound speakers.

- You could try turning off "UAJ automatic" in the Speaker configuration tab. Also try forcing the respective connector to the setting you want in the Connector sensing tab.

Back