PC Peripherals Altec Lansing, which one?

funkymonkey said:
I got the speakers made for me. There are many people who make custom speakers. So i got a good set made for me. You get quality speakers which will kick any branded speaker's @$$ and costs less than those fancy and expensive Altec or creative speakers. The one which i got made has 100watt RMS sub which really packs some punch. And speakers are 45Watt RMS each.
And all this with amplifier for Rs.8.5K( i exceeded my original budget of 7.5K to have this new more powerful subwoofer).
I will try to post the pics when i set these speakers up when i get my new soundcard.
What are the specifics you have to give to the guy who put your speakers together (or did you do it)?

Well one of my friends does this. Unfortunately he is moving to US this june.
Anyway i know one more person who does this. I will take his contact no and PM it to ya.
Also remember that my satellite uses cheaper paper cone. If you go for carbon fibre they sound much better but also cost a lot and also lasts longer.
Anyway i will give the details of that person as soon as i get in touch with him.

Funky, please share the contact info with me too. And are you sure that Revo 7.1 is available for 5.5k with Mnemonics? How long do they take to deliver?

Thanks

thanks for the offer funky, but i just wanted to know what all details you gave to your friend when you asked him to make the set for you. There are shops here which offer the same services, but ive never approached one. Just wanted to know what details i should be ready with in the event that i do make custom speakers.

well you need to first decide your budget, but dont tell that to the person who is making it for you.
Decide what you want. 4.1 or 5.1. The type of woofer you want. Active or passive. Though active woofer gives a punch that no passive one can it costs a lot( in excess of 10-20K if you want good one). i mean a lot an very few people make custom active woofer.
But for most passive will do.
Then decide how much watts you need out of your speakers.
A 100watt RMS woofer is powerful enough to be played on a stage. So not everyone needs that much powerful woofer.
If you are gona use the system inside a room a 50-75Watt woofer and 15-25Watt RMS satellites will do.
The most important part is the speakers themselves. Normally a paper cone speakers are used but if you have really high budget then you can go for a fibre cone.
Give these details to them and tell them to quote. Or the best pasrt is most of these people have a system for a demo. So take the demo and then decide.
Technical terms wont give ya any idea to be honest.

If you want a really good system which will last you for years for your home entertainment then go for fibre cone speakers, a wooden woofer and invest in good amplifier.

Back