PC Peripherals Alternatives for Corsair VX 450 ?

Hi friends,
With the help of your guidance from the following post
http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/suggest-a-new-psu-my-config-153233.html

i have decided to buy Corsair VX 450
and i have inquired most of the dealers but they are saying out-of-stock
and the PSU is a little bit expensive(~4.2K)
Plz suggest me some alternative PSUs for that and for requirements and specs plz refer to the above topic
If possible give me some cheap and best PSUs(~3.5K)
And if u say that VX450 is a must then plz give me some good deals for VX450
Thank you guys for your patience and help thus far,

Re: Alternatives for Corsair VX 450

IMO: Corsair CX400 ~ Rs. 3200 is the next best alternative to Corsair VX450. It will easily handle a HD5770 or even tolerate a HD5870.

5700power3dm.png

5700powerfur.png

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-hd5770-hd5750_5.html#sect0

Btw, you can get your VX450 shipped from a TE dealer. It will cost you around Rs. 4000+150 shipping = Rs. 4150/- Though you dont really need a VX450 for your current config.

FSP Blue Storm Pro 500 - 500W - Price: 3510/-

FSP EPSILON 80Plus 500 - 500W - Price: 4332/-

FSP EPSILON 85Plus 500 - 500W - Price: 4332/-

An alternative to PSU from Corsair would be going with a RealPower Pro from CoolerMaster. A 470W should not cost more that Rs. 3500 or so. Also they operate at over 80% at max load and are bronze certified.
Stay away from the Extreme Power series.

but clear my doubts,
VX 450 is only 450 watts
but Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 650W is 650 watts and coming nearly at the same price what is the difference??
does the wattage really matters??

mamaji.pramod said:
but clear my doubts,

VX 450 is only 450 watts

but Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 650W is 650 watts and coming nearly at the same price what is the difference??

Quality, Performance (Efficiency/Noise/Load-Handling-capacity) matters. Not just rated wattage.

To know more, please go through other such threads.

mamaji.pramod said:
but clear my doubts,

VX 450 is only 450 watts

Take this Watts nonsense that is rated by manufacturers with a pinch of salt. Not everyone rates em the same way unfortunately. Corsair VX450 can go to a peak of 500W or more. Corsair being a good company lists their PSU's as they are supposed to not their peak wattage as peak can only be reached for a little while not a constant peak.

This is similar to speaker values, PMPO = Peak Output and RMS = Average output. The Peak speakers can hit is just for a second or so which means nothing for actual sound perceived by the human ear. On the other hand RMS is what counts when talking about real output of sound perceived by the human ears.

For an analogy to simply explain...

Think of 2 runners, one who can run at 100km/hr and the other at 80Km/hr. The 100km/hr runner can only hit that speed for a few seconds then drops down to his actual average speed of running is 60hm/hr. While the 80km/hr can keep that speed constant average till the end, he hardly ever varies.

Whom would you put your money on?

Thank you everyone especially nikrusty(for your fantastic explanation) and sato1986( for your fast response)

And at last with the help of you both i like to put my money on Corsair VX450 only
and i have the following deals for that
i have not contacted any one in Hyderbad ( i know rates are higher here)
i have contacted them through mails
1. Deltapage (4100+shipping(150))
2. Primeabgb (3950+shipping(220))
3. E-Bay (4250+shipping)

plz help me with my last query
i like that primeabgb deal and is he a TE dealer?? and is he trustworthy???
if i can wait for 10-15 days is there any possibility that rates can be decreased???

PrimeAbgb (Mumbai) is not a TE dealer but very trustworthy. I've been to his shop many times and bought a lot of stuff from him. Don't know about others.

And if you liked or were benefitted by what users shared with you here, do give us Reputation points, the green thumbs icon to the right next to "permalink".

mamaji.pramod said:
Thank you everyone especially nikrusty(for your fantastic explanation) and sato1986( for your fast response)

And at last with the help of you both i like to put my money on Corsair VX450 only

3. E-Bay (4250+shipping)

if i can wait for 10-15 days is there any possibility that rates can be decreased???

mamaji.pramod said:
but clear my doubts,
VX 450 is only 450 watts

Extreme power 650W has about the same amps on the 12V as the VX450. Dont trust the advertised wattage ratings, have a look at the amps on the 12V, when there are multiple 12V rails, dont add their amps up directly.
Have a look if they have APFC or not, if they dont, just look else where (in most cases). Look at their efficiency at different loads, read a few reviews and then decide.
between the VX450 and Ep 650W, ill go for VX450.

mamaji.pramod said:

3. E-Bay (4250+shipping)

As per my experience: PrimeABGB is an Awesome trustworthy dealer. no wonder hes got the best price :)

Dont go for Ebay when purchases important stuff.

Delta is nice but higher prices than Prime.

Recommendation: primeABGB, ofcourse

Back