Am I being scammed?

arg

Recruit
Currently i am selling Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop. I got a msg from a guy named james elvis. He mentioned his email id and asked me to reply on that email id about the price of my laptop in US dollars as well as shipping charge of fedex to ship my laptop to USA. He's ready to pay me $850 for laptop (by bank transfer) apart from whatever be the shipping charge. I don't understand, its near Black Friday then why he's willing to pay me that amount of money. I told him that if the shipping charge would be around $200 then i'll drop my price a bit but he said that $850 for the laptop is fixed and he won't negotiate. What should I do?

He will tell you that there is some problem with clearing funds and will ask you to pay money to fix that issue.

naaa!! i tell u what will happen. he will send u the receipt of western union once u r ready to ship and the receipt will say, once u dispatch the item, the money will be credited... it happens all the time in olx and quikr .. happened to one of my friend , he came to me showing me the email, i said mail is fake ofcourse and he got saved. :)

Its also possible he is trying to profit from a hacked bank account.. I dunno whether bank to bank transfers are reversible though?
No they are not, max someone can do is to get your account frozen by complaining to authorities with a proof. But getting money out of your account is just not possible unless you authorize the reversal or someone hacks in or bank does that but that happens in extreme conditions.

Ask him to transfer money to your bank account directly. If he does that then it's fine. If he doesn't do that or make all types of excuses then fu*k and ram his as*. Abus* him and threaten him that you would report him to police.

Ask him to transfer money to your bank account directly. If he does that then it's fine. If he doesn't do that or make all types of excuses then fu*k and ram his as*. Abus* him and threaten him that you would report him to police.
Are you high dude?

Scam. Had such encounter with olx or Quikr can't recall now.
In 2010 i wanted to buy a phone and i came across one. The ad was from mumbai and guys name Nigel Marvan. Now we could had met f2f and done the deal, instead he was giving me excuses and was asking to deposit money to his Singapore a/c. He was luring me with the offer and i wanted that phone...was mad after it then..
But i hold my horses and released i can be duped as he said only when he confirms that he actually received money he ll ship the phone from Mumbai to my Mumbai home.
We exchanged emails and chat on gtalk etc. He wanted to play all by his rules.

Finally i let it go for good.

Bought the cell on TE it self later on.

Back