Budget 71-90K AM5 1080p/1440p gaming build

pvp16

Recruit
I want to go for AM5 build, 7600/7600x.
I'm confused about the other parts, please suggest a good build (gpu with >=12gb vram).

Follow this and maybe people will actually be able to help you if they know what you are looking for/asking for.

I want to go for AM5 build, 7600/7600x.
I'm confused about the other parts, please suggest a good build (gpu with >=12gb vram).
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)Monitor - MSI G242 1080p
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - MSI G242 1080p
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - 7600/7600x
    • Motherboard - any b650m
    • GPU - 6700xt/6750xt/6800/6800xt/7800xt
    • Cabinet
    • CPU cooler
    • RAM
    • SSD
    • PSU
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following after few years
    • GPU
    • Monitor any 1440p
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Open world-RDR2 high-ultra
    • Racing - F1 23 high-ultra
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p/1440p
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10/11

Filled it, check in replies.
Ryzen 7600 price has increased significantly recently, was available for around 17k sometime ago.
I've read that Asus 6750xt has black screen and coil whine issues.
Yes, even I observed that. Likely the result of AMD's production cut & lower prices of CPU & RAM finally making an AM5 build viable (unlike how it was at launch).

Not sure of those issues, but coil whine - how will you hear that among other fans? Check for reviews online, sadly the only decent 6750XT option in India. You might find people who own Asus 6750XT in this forum or in r/IndianGaming. Else get Gigabyte/MSI 6700XT. Do not get AsRock or Sapphire cards because of poor RMA experience.

Yes, even I observed that. Likely the result of AMD's production cut & lower prices of CPU & RAM finally making an AM5 build viable (unlike how it was at launch).

Not sure of those issues, but coil whine - how will you hear that among other fans? Check for reviews online, sadly the only decent 6750XT option in India. You might find people who own Asus 6750XT in this forum or in r/IndianGaming. Else get Gigabyte/MSI 6700XT. Do not get AsRock or Sapphire cards because of poor RMA experience.
Actually my first preference was to get a used 6800/6800xt but unable to find those used anywhere nowadays. Was waiting for 7800xt, the US launch price is very good, but highly over priced in India.
Hence started looking for 6750xt, not many affordable options are available even for that.

Actually my first preference was to get a used 6800/6800xt but unable to find those used anywhere nowadays. Was waiting for 7800xt, the US launch price is very good, but highly over priced in India.
Hence started looking for 6750xt, not many affordable options are available even for that.
People with 6800XT have no reason to sell IMO, 7800XT performs the same at a similar price as 6800XT. 7900XTX is a noticeable upgrade but still not big enough (not like you will get 2x the performance by paying 1L for a new GPU).

IMO 55k for 7800XT is fine, but we need more non AsRock & Sapphire models. It's definitely better priced in the US relative to 4070 vs in India. But its normal, I have been following prices for years, it's always the same with new AMD launches in India.

You can get used 3080 10GB for 30-35k, can be considered if you are willing to go the used route.
Do due diligence. Do not buy a 8GB VRAM card like 3070 or 3070Ti (I have 3070 & will recommend people against it considering the state of PC gaming).

Just some inputs -

While i dislike nvidia for VRAM stinginess, at this price range RT should be viable.
I have 3080 10gb, and previously i thought that RT does not make much difference. But it does ! Witcher 3 looks much nicer and plays smooth enough for me that i rather play it at ~40fps with RT ( 1440p).
Lumen may have lower impact on AMD, so this may not be a big deal in future, not sure.

Another thing i have gotten used to is DLDSR ( which would need more VRAM .. ). Modern games seem to have this motion blur, sometimes it can be hideous ( Metro Exodus). Sometimes more subtle.
I have only been able to fix this by using DLDSR (+DLSS to bring back some perf).
I don't know if AMD has an equivalent here, there is some super sampling but i think it needs 2x resolution which is way too much.

Very unfortunate that other than 4090, this series was really either badly priced or lacking in VRAM ( RT needs VRAM too .. ).

Just some inputs -

While i dislike nvidia for VRAM stinginess, at this price range RT should be viable.
I have 3080 10gb, and previously i thought that RT does not make much difference. But it does ! Witcher 3 looks much nicer and plays smooth enough for me that i rather play it at ~40fps with RT ( 1440p).

Another thing i have gotten used to is DLDSR ( which would need more VRAM .. ). Modern games seem to have this motion blur, sometimes it can be hideous ( Metro Exodus). Sometimes more subtle.
I have only been able to fix this by using DLDSR (+DLSS to bring back some perf).
I don't know if AMD has an equivalent here, there is some super sampling but i think it needs 2x resolution which is way too much.

Very unfortunate that other than 4090, this series was really either badly priced or lacking in VRAM ( RT needs VRAM too .. ).
Yes exactly, Nvidia GPUs have some really good features, but lack VRAM and GPUs with >8gb VRAM are insanely expensive. If budget is below 1 lakh for building a pc, AMD is the only good option in India.

Just some inputs -

Lumen may have lower impact on AMD, so this may not be a big deal in future, not sure.

Even when 3080 & 3070 were launched, both were criticised for VRAM (1080Ti had 11GB VRAM back in 2017). Nvidia didn't try much to fix it this gen as well, so it deserves all the hate it is getting.

I like using Nvidia Broadcast on my 3070 for both mic & webcam. But these small features can't make up for something as basic as VRAM. With how bad Nvidia products have been this gen, AMD is barely competing. 7800XT having same performance as 6800XT is not good, but still a better value than Nvidia's offering, so people will recommend it. Games like TLOU & Hogwarts Legacy just showed what awaits for low VRAM cards in future.

I turn off motion blur & depth of field.

Yes exactly, Nvidia GPUs have some really good features, but lack VRAM and GPUs with >8gb VRAM are insanely expensive. If budget is below 1 lakh for building a pc, AMD is the only good option in India.
yeah, if i had to buy today in this price range, probably it will be 7800xt if available at 500$. That 12gb on 4070 is probably going to become an issue ( even more for my 10gb)

Even when 3080 & 3070 were launched, both were criticised for VRAM (1080Ti had 11GB VRAM back in 2017). Nvidia didn't try much to fix it this gen as well, so it deserves all the hate it is getting.
I wasn't really aware of what was available. Had stopped reading hardware news.
Then my old gpu died, and i was looking at 3060ti which had 8gb. Then saw a deal on 3080 which had more and made a purchase thinking it would be enough ( esp since back then 10 was enough even at 4k). Few months after my purchase we started getting games that needed more than 8 and sometimes even 10.
But still, this is not an easy choice these days - RT/DLSS/DLDSR are very nice to have too. FSR is clearly inferior ( perhaps only at 4k/quality its alright not sure), there is no DLDSR equivalent.
Anyway, for now i have many many old games to play so it does not matter as much.

I turn off motion blur & depth of field.
Its not that.
Resolution these days is not clear cut it seems, some things i think are done in lower res and then managed through temporal stuff or something like that but anyway end result is blur and artifacts in motion.
Depends on game too. And perhaps not in 4k( or high ppi?) from what i had read but at 2k/27 its visible and not nice. DLDSR solves it for me.
Its even very useful for old games with bad AA ( GTA5 for ex ).
In comparison, watch dogs 1 with MSAA was nice and sharp. Modern games have some different way of rendering that makes MSAA not useful anymore.

If you are not gonna overclock then pairing it with a cheap a620m will work as well and will save you lot of money

Go with B650 series GA B650M Aorus PRO AX or MSI B650M MAG Mortor WIFI
One suggestion please get quotation for Offline or Local dealer you will get almost 2k to 3k cheaper from online prices

Back