Other [AMA] Airpods Pro 2

desiibond

Skilled
So, I started using the Airpods Pro 2 (have an iPad and iPhone). Let me know if you have any questions on these.

My other buds include : Apple wired earphones, Blon BL-03 with 4-core cable, LG Tone FP5 TWS, Oppo Enco M31 (dead).

I'm not interested in airpods directly but I'm interested in the TWS who copy design of the airpods pros. Because, I think, pros have the perfect design for comfort. I have tried TWS from Sony and Samsung they are either not comfortable or don't stay snugly fit.

Can you sleep on your side with airpods pro?
How's the comfort wrt to first gen (in case if you tried those)?

I'm not interested in airpods directly but I'm interested in the TWS who copy design of the airpods pros. Because, I think, pros have the perfect design for comfort. I have tried TWS from Sony and Samsung they are either not comfortable or don't stay snugly fit.

Eartips of 2nd gen are softer but they hold better. Seal too is better for 2nd gen for me. I can lie down but the buds start loosening up due to the stem. They do it fall off though. The buds2 pro I believe will be better in this scenario as the entire bud stays in the outer ear.

Eartips of 2nd gen are softer but they hold better. Seal too is better for 2nd gen for me. I can lie down but the buds start loosening up due to the stem. They do it fall off though. The buds2 pro I believe will be better in this scenario as the entire bud stays in the outer ear.
Haven't tried buds2 pro but other TWS of the similar design are of the least comfort. They hurt the ears when pressed against pillow.

Haven't tried buds2 pro but other TWS of the similar design are of the least comfort. They hurt the ears when pressed against pillow.
Did not feel any ear pain but then I did not lie down for more than few minutes. I rarely listen to music on buds while I lie down. I always use Senn HD599 full size headphones as I can wear them longer while on bed.
Also, one of the main reasons for using buds with stem is for better mic clarity. Understood with FP5 that having a stem is useless if mic itself is bad. Airpods mic is really good though. No more complaints in office calls that they are not able to hear what I am saying.

So, I started using the Airpods Pro 2 (have an iPad and iPhone). Let me know if you have any questions on these.

My other buds include : Apple wired earphones, Blon BL-03 with 4-core cable, LG Tone FP5 TWS, Oppo Enco M31 (dead).
can you compare blon to airpods, in terms of sound quality and most importantly comfort

Audio quality of Blons with 4-core cable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Airpods pro 2. Even the best wireless TWS cannot beat a well tuned IEMs.
Comfort of Airpods Pro 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blons.
i can get away with slightly worse sound quality but comfort is imo the most important factor specially in IEMs. do you know of any sets that are as or more comfortable than airpods pros?

i can get away with slightly worse sound quality but comfort is imo the most important factor specially in IEMs. do you know of any sets that are as or more comfortable than airpods pros?
Nothing Ear 1.

But if you have an iPhone, just close your eyes and get the Airpods pro 2. Overall, there is no other TWS that can match this w.r.t ease of use, integration and comfort. They sound lot better than 90% of TWS you find in the market.

Can you compare sound quality between airpods pro 2 and wired earpods? Is it significantly noticable?
Mic quality of wired earpods >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mic quality of airpods pro 2 or any TWS. That mic of Apple wired headset is among the best. But when you are in a noisy environment, the noise cancellation mic on airpods pro 2 works better to filter out noise.
Everything else, airpods pro 2 is better.

I have tried TWS from Sony and Samsung they are either not comfortable or don't stay snugly fit.
Samsung Buds live are very comfortable. I usually go with the largest ear tip available to get an idea of my ear canal size. If you go with the small size ear tip then it will be too big for your ears.

Did I mention the buds live don't use ear tips. I just wipe them with a cloth before putting them back in the case. No ear wax issues. Very simple to care for.
I can with the Buds Live
I've got so attached to them that the better Samsung Buds Pro with better everything -- isolation, sound quality and ANC sits in the drawer.

The user hype with these is real and I've found users eagerly defend them when reviewers say they are just ok. When it comes to comfort and plain simplicity not to mention kudos to Samsung for the original design. The ANC though available is not very useful but I don't need it.

These don't block out sound but still sound good for listening to voice. Music is fine too. Not very bass-heavy though still decent. Calls seem to be ok too. I just use one earbud that lasts 8h then swap in the next if I need more time. Magnetic charging case or plug in to charge.

App will work even on iphones so won't matter if you don't have a Samsung phone.

Can't do anything about the codec it uses though, it by default switched to Scalable which is Samsung's highest resolution but this can cut out more through walls than with AAC or SBC which are lower resolution. Even if you set the codec in developer options it will go back to scalable

Last edited:
Airpods pro 2 have some stupid connectivity issues. They kinda disconnect from my macbook when pausing or forwarding video. Which is very irritating. Never had this problem with airpods pro 1.

Samsung Buds live are very comfortable. I usually go with the largest ear tip available to get an idea of my ear canal. If you go with the small size then it will be too big for your ears.
What! really? They look very uncomfortable in photos though. I'll try them in person someday. I don't need TWS at the moment but I'll check the design.

What! really? They look very uncomfortable in photos though. I'll try them in person someday. I don't need TWS at the moment but I'll check the design.
They're good enough to have their own fake copy
Also, one of the main reasons for using buds with stem is for better mic clarity. Understood with FP5 that having a stem is useless if mic itself is bad. Airpods mic is really good though. No more complaints in office calls that they are not able to hear what I am saying.
I don't know how much the stem helps but an internal mic in addition to matters a lot.
do you know of any sets that are as or more comfortable than airpods pros?
Any that don't fully isolate. OG airpods or Buds live.

Last edited:
Airpods pro 2 have some stupid connectivity issues. They kinda disconnect from my macbook when pausing or forwarding video. Which is very irritating. Never had this problem with airpods pro 1.
I had this issue with iOS. But with 16.2 update, do not have such issue. There is one issue with MS Teams on phone. If I start a teams call and then connect AirPods Pro 2, teams will not connect and will hang. If I start the call with AirPods connected, no issue.
If you do not need TWS, check headphonezone. You will find lot of options. Bloody cheap but very well tuned earphones. Not from mainstream brands though.

Back