AMA CAT 2023 99.5+ %tiler

b33rus

Disciple
Hello all,
I am a 99.5+ percentile GEM candidate in CAT 2023.
Having done thorough analysis on top mba colleges, I would like to host an AMA to fellow GEM as well as other aspirants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Composite Score calculator:

RTI information:

Why am I stressing on composite scores here? Because it’s the only thing that matters once you have cleared the sectional cutoffs.

High scoring cat exams would slightly favour people with low academics as the weightage for academics in the final composite score would drop.

For low scoring exams such as CAT 22 and 23, importance of having good academics increases significantly.

Before appearing for this year’s CAT, please do check how much you would need to score to get into your desired college.

For General Engineering males with average or below acads and less than 2 years of workex, opportunities decrease a lot. IIM Calcutta and FMS are the only colleges in the top 10 that will give you a call at a reasonable 99.7+ percentile. Ahmedabad and Bangalore are still possible if you’re amongst the top 50 of the applicants based on CAT score, but they also have some other criteria.

All the best for your journey!

Congrats on your score. What online coaching would you recommend? I am particularly weak in quant.
Online coaching I am not sure, but cracku has some tough quant questions which would prepare you well for the tough cat papers in recent years. IMS test series have been great for verbal at least, other sections are good too.
Aside from this, quant is more about your speed and accuracy.

Back