Amazon - Customer Support is Awful (Escalation Options & Experiences)

No i was hardly posting any reviews. Not even two in a month. I suspect that it was due to a link I clicked which was shared by a seller asking me to review their product.
You were probably banned if you were posting 4-5 reviews / day, or someone complained to Amazon (usually a seller) that you are doctoring reviews for payments from other sellers. It happened to me also, and via some mails I was able to get my ban on reviews lifted. I used to put in a lot of reviews, was India rank #96 or something at one time. Then stopped, due to ban ideology, and not wanting to loose all my hard work reviews in one go due to some whim and fancy of Amazon.

Something similar happened to me. The return pickup guy called, saying he is coming in a couple of hours, and marked as "customer refused pickup".
I was furious.
CC was of no help. Tried them thrice with empty promises. Ultimately, wrote to jeff@amazon.com, and item was picked up within 2 days, money refunded.
Amazon is also at the whims of these delivery/pick up people. ****ed up.
It is even bad on seller side, all my orders were picked up on 3rd or 4th day of order and they always give me pickup slot of 2 day from order date .
They were even rejecting my request to do self shipping. But finally after many weeks i managed to get self shipping.

Also even some customer care of amazon looks like sold to some sellers, as i recently did a review in which i just mentioned that the 5 star reviews are fake, they use exact same sentances, but amazon didn't published my review.

Here we go again.

ordered some Cheetos that arrived damaged - there were cheese flakes all over within the box and bag was opened -

applied for replacement over chat and they asked for a picture I promptly provided.

they then asked me to contact them after 2 days cause there needed to be an investigation. I did and they gave me the refund

WTF. Why do I need to chase them to rectify their own mistakes? Once I have complained it should be their job to follow up. I liked Amazon cause of the fantastic support. At this rate my neighborhood store serves me better. I’m okay with them doing their investigations and taking a couple days cause I’m sure they encounter quite a few scammers but I’m not okay with having to follow up, chase them and re explain the issues to new idiotic CS reps

Last edited:
Here we go again.

ordered some Cheetos that arrived damaged - there were cheese flakes all over within the box and bag was opened -

applied for replacement over chat and they asked for a picture I promptly provided.

they then asked me to contact them after 2 days cause there needed to be an investigation. I did and they gave me the refund

WTF do I need to chase them to rectify their own mistakes? Once I have complained it should be their job to follow up. I liked Amazon cause of the fantastic support. At this rate my neighborhood store serves me better. I’m okay with them doing there investigations and taking a couple days cause I’ms sure they encounter quite a few scammers but I’m not okay with having to follow up and chase them and re explain the issues to new idiotic CS reps
This happened to me as well, they said give us 1 week in the name of investigation and then no update whatsoever. After 1 week, I contacted them and explained the whole issue again. The process went on for month almost. Not to mention that their Chat support was not helping at all except saying we are investigating the issue and so on. This was a regular although costly FMCG item and I should not have ordered it from Amazon at the first place, they delivered a wrong item was not ready to accept it as their mistake.

I'm convinced of my hypothesis from my first post -

1. These guys do not have a mechanism for email complaints so you have to call or chat.
  2. They do not provide a reference number for complaints on call or chat
  3. They promise resolution in X days. But you will not hear back from them even if 2x days have past.
  4. When you get in touch again, the process is repeated -
Profit!?

True, the give us time for an investigation is utter bs. This is why so many sellers get away with sending fake products.
They ask for 2 days for investigation, never contact you again. When contacted again they completely ignore the first conversation happened and give some useless resolution.
And the seller was Appario, not some shady seller either

Back