Amazon Ends partial Payment via Amazon Pay.

This is unnecessary I think.
It was so much convenient to make purchases with remaining Amazon Pay balances and cashbacks.

Ab full payment karo ( beside the normal cc discount).

Not sure where Amazon is going but I feel they are becoming too rigid with customer service and loosing the appeal to shop on Amazon for me.

Flipkart toh mostly I avoid only. Now Amazon is joining the club.

Source?

Their help center article still says this is possible.

1716781900620.png

Source?

Their help center article still says this is possible.

View attachment 197836
I had heard about this before but yesterday I could not make partial payment.

They are gradually removing this.
Not all members are facing this. When I had few 100 bucks on Amazon Pay I was able to use it but yesterday when it went less than 100. My partial payment was stopped.

But I don't know exactly how this new policy is being rolled out. Only sure that it is happening.
So maybe you some members might still be able to use it.

It is a bit of double dipping. During sales, beyond the bank discount threshold, I used to pay the remaining amount using Amazon vouchers purchased at 5% off. Probably they are trying to cover off such scenarios.

Same here. It does not allow to use the Amazon Pay balance when the transaction value is greater than the Amazon Pay balance.
Amz.jpg

Not sure where Amazon is going but I feel they are becoming too rigid with customer service and loosing the appeal to shop on Amazon for me.
Amazon policies are misused globally but the % of userbase that abuses it is much higher in India.
If they could somehow eliminate COD altogether and reduce/ control returns abuse, the prevalent prices for genuine customers for many product categories (esp electronics) could go down by as much as 10-15% within a short period

If they could somehow eliminate COD abuse and returns abuse
I doubt that will ever happen. We have youtube channels and insta influencers giving people tips to make full use of (abuse) such policies. Many credit cards are being nerfed through revision of reward points and cashback terms due to largescale abuse, just like Amazon benefits. Nothing much can be done.

I am surprised how many people were using this 'loophole'....

Given above surprise I am not surprised that amazon is changing its policy to avoid above double dips
how is this even a loophole?

it came handy as I used to get cashback from some orders and I could have used that in any order now to use that 25 or 30 Rs I have to add money to apay which is too much hassle for me.

This underhanded policy change reminds me of Zomato adding "priority delivery" at an additional charge, even for Gold members lol.

This underhanded policy change reminds me of Zomato adding "priority delivery" at an additional charge, even for Gold members lol.
I tried that one day and lol it just arrived 10 minutes earlier than a normal order [ we ordered using 2 ac] they should make it free for gold atleast.

Can we use amazon pay balance + amazon shopping voucher
If I have 250 as amazon pay balance and buy 500 amazon shopping voucher, can I combine both to buy product worth 750 ?

Where are you getting these vouchers? I found some a while ago from Amex, but they are not selling them at a discount anymore.
SBI cashback still works for all voucher purchases on Amazon, though not at dedicated voucher sites, because of the MCC used by Amazon.
I tried that one day and lol it just arrived 10 minutes earlier than a normal order [ we ordered using 2 ac] they should make it free for gold atleast.
Never use the priority option on Zomato as the difference is always less than 10 minutes. On the contrary, I use the green delivery option on Swiggy as it is cheaper and it still arrives at the same time as priority delivery and 15-20 minutes earlier than the indicated time.
Damn, that's a dumb decision on their part. No point in using my Apay ICICI card over SBI cashback now.
I closed my Amazon Pay ICICI card after I got the SBI cashback card 1.5 years ago. SBI has the 5k/month cashback limit but it is very rare that I will make over a 1L purchase on Amazon. Thereafter, I received a Coral and then a Rubyx card as LTF from ICICI, so not sure if closing co-branded cards has a positive impact. In terms of ICICI offers on Amazon during sales, the normal cards usually provide more upfront discount, unless making really expensive purchases.

Last edited:
Never use the priority option on Zomato as the difference is always less than 10 minutes. On the contrary, I use the green delivery option on Swiggy as it is cheaper and it still arrives at the same time as priority delivery and 15-20 minutes earlier than the indicated time.
Sorry for being off-topic, but:

Zomato options: Standard delivery (grouping and slower) or "Priority Delivery" at an additional charge (actually a scam because standard delivery is almost as fast)

Swiggy Options: Standard delivery (no grouping + no additional charge) or Eco (slightly cheaper + grouping + more ethical since it's just as fast as standard)

Deepinder Goyal needs to get his head out of his a** instead of talking a big game on Shark Tank.

I closed my Amazon Pay ICICI card after I got the SBI cashback card 1.5 years ago. SBI has the 5k/month cashback limit but it is very rare that I will make over a 1L purchase on Amazon. Thereafter, I received a Coral and then a Rubyx card as LTF from ICICI, so not sure if closing co-branded cards has a positive impact. In terms of ICICI offers on Amazon during sales, the normal cards usually provide more upfront discount, unless making really expensive purchases.
Yeah, I use my MMT/Coral cards for the bank offers too. That's the one thing the lower/mid tier ICICI cards are great for. But I'm keeping the Apay because the limit on my SBI cashback is very low (20k, even though I've had it for almost a year) and because SBI could downgrade the cashback card at any time. It gets harder and harder for them to maintain that kind of general reward rate over time, they will have to keep adding more and more excluded categories until the card is eventually dead. Just like Axis has been doing. Whereas I think the 5% on Apay is probably going to be there for as long as the card exists. It's also LTF unlike the cashback which makes it easier to hold. But yeah, for now the clear winner is Cashback.

Back