Amazon India lightning deals

Yeah QLC and no DRAM too, read somewhere that performance drops below HDD after drive is sufficiently full.

@prime Do post any other 2TB SSD deal if you come across, I am also looking for one, even a QLC will do as long as there is some DRAM to go along with it. According to industry reports the pricing will fall by around 10-15% this year due to increased supply.
I own a QLC Intel 660p 1 TB. When I'm copying a lot of large files, like game installed folder from another drive to it, the speed I get are HDD level, like 80-90MBps after a small high-speed initial window.

I own a QLC Intel 660p 1 TB. When I'm copying a lot of large files, like game installed folder from another drive to it, the speed I get are HDD level, like 80-90MBps after a small high-speed initial window.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Intel 660p is QLC but at least it has DRAM to help, Kingston NV1 is both QLC and no DRAM, no wonder people are reporting lower speeds than an HDD when it gets sufficiently filled.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Intel 660p is QLC but at least it has DRAM to help, Kingston NV1 is both QLC and no DRAM, no wonder people are reporting lower speeds than an HDD when it gets sufficiently filled.
These days DRAMless TLC drives are cheap, so point in buying any QLC drive IMO, unless 1TB QLC is like 5k vs 8k for TLC.

2TB Kingston NVMe for Rs.15268 (less 5% if you have ICICI Apay card).

Good deal?

Another listing with almost same price.

I take back my disparaging comments against this 2TB Kingston NV1, we have to spend another 4k-5k to get better drives. It was good value at 15.2k, I will buy it when it goes down below 15k in future big sales. This will work without any problem as second SSD drive in my LG Gram 16, the first SSD slot is filled with SK Hynix.

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 5.23.30 AM.png

This thing caught my eye a few days ago. 8 sockets & 6 usb ports at Rs 900. It sounded too good to be true, but I thought maybe it's a new product so it's heavily discounted to encourage sales and adoption? Portronics is a respectable enough brand, I've been pleased with their bluetooth speakers and usb chargers in the past.

But yeah, it is a little too good to be true. The plastic enclosure is entirely uninspiring, reminiscent of a cheap china bazaar plastic bucket that folds in to half if you try and lift it when half full. It's thin and flexes way too easily at the sides. Inside, there's a modern design with brass strips but the wiring and soldering is suspicious to the point of being a potential fire hazard.

photo_2022-02-13 05.29.10.jpeg

The usb charger board is also disappointing, based on a chinese PL3378 chip overvolted to 5.5v with the entire 2a spread across all six ports with no intelligent balancing or switching:

photo_2022-02-13 05.29.14.jpeg

This is at best a Rs 300/400 power strip dressed up to look like it's worth 1500 or more. The Gongniu/Bull power strips have several orders of magnitude better build quality .

While it may work for innoculous uses like routers/massagers/lamps/fans and maybe even laptops, it's a bad choice for anything pulling more than a couple hundred watts.

I'm keeping this, in part to see if it will actually catch fire someday. My use case would be for lamps, chargers and a test bench where I run memtest every now and then.

For me to trust this with my personal devices, I'd have to redo the wiring with proper heatshrink and tidier soldering. The USB ports are a bit of a waste, but I guess you could use them for mood lightning strips or slow charging portable devices like bluetooth speakers. Funnily enough, slow charging helps with better battery longevity.

View attachment 126499

This thing caught my eye a few days ago. 8 sockets & 6 usb ports at Rs 900. It sounded too good to be true, but I thought maybe it's a new product so it's heavily discounted to encourage sales and adoption? Portronics is a respectable enough brand, I've been pleased with their bluetooth speakers and usb chargers in the past.

But yeah, it is a little too good to be true. The plastic enclosure is entirely uninspiring, reminiscent of a cheap china bazaar plastic bucket that folds in to half if you try and lift it when half full. It's thin and flexes way too easily at the sides. Inside, there's a modern design with brass strips but the wiring and soldering is suspicious to the point of being a potential fire hazard.

View attachment 126500

The usb charger board is also disappointing, based on a chinese PL3378 chip overvolted to 5.5v with the entire 2a spread across all six ports with no intelligent balancing or switching:

View attachment 126501

This is at best a Rs 300/400 power strip dressed up to look like it's worth 1500 or more. The Gongniu/Bull power strips have several orders of magnitude better build quality .

While it may work for innoculous uses like routers/massagers/lamps/fans and maybe even laptops, it's a bad choice for anything pulling more than a couple hundred watts.

I'm keeping this, in part to see if it will actually catch fire someday. My use case would be for lamps, chargers and a test bench where I run memtest every now and then.

For me to trust this with my personal devices, I'd have to redo the wiring with proper heatshrink and tidier soldering. The USB ports are a bit of a waste, but I guess you could use them for mood lightning strips or slow charging portable devices like bluetooth speakers. Funnily enough, slow charging helps with better battery longevity.
Thanks. This is really helpful. If you have bought this from Amazon, please do leave a detailed feedback to warn other potential buyers.

Was planning to get this from the Protonics official website for 719. Is it worth or should I pass?

View attachment 126499

View attachment 126500

View attachment 126501

Really nice review and feedback for others like me who are looking to buy new strips. In my experience, Belkin is really a one time buy, I happened to break the backplate once while transporting it. It is built like a tank, so yeah the extra price included in the cost does show.

portrnonicks/ptron/ptronicks used to be good quality. I have its bluetooth headphone still going strong for more than two years. But stopped looking into the brand since they started flooding their product listing with fake reviews.

BTW, why do these power extensions have such weird sockets? Do you all use american plugs? I haven't had a single appliance with american plug. It's a pain to get your Indian/european plugs working with these sockets.

Thanks. This is really helpful. If you have bought this from Amazon, please do leave a detailed feedback to warn other potential buyers.

Was planning to get this from the Protonics official website for 719. Is it worth or should I pass?
I have a Belkin strip that is lying unused simply because I needed individual switches. I have two power strips from MX that have worked reliably for 3 years now, so would vouch for it based only on experience and not quality of components.

Forgot to mention, that I prefer having an Anker PowerPort conencted to one of the sockets as I don't trust the USB ports in any of the strips to be up to spec.

I have a Belkin strip that is lying unused simply because I needed individual switches. I have two power strips from MX that have worked reliably for 3 years now, so would vouch for it based only on experience and not quality of components.

Forgot to mention, that I prefer having an Anker PowerPort conencted to one of the sockets as I don't trust the USB ports in any of the strips to be up to spec.
I have so many of those MX 6 button strips. They're amazing. Even saved my equipment from voltage surge, even if it died itself. Just a little over priced.

portrnonicks/ptron/ptronicks used to be good quality. I have its bluetooth headphone still going strong for more than two years. But stopped looking into the brand since they started flooding their product listing with fake reviews.

BTW, why do these power extensions have such weird sockets? Do you all use american plugs? I haven't had a single appliance with american plug. It's a pain to get your Indian/european plugs working with these sockets.
Most manufacturers implement these types of socket so we can use any country plug without extra multiconverter type plug in between.
Ssome electronic items and appliance comes with other type plugs too. I got cord with UK plug for my corsair RM650x though it's Indian real unit. Try some electronic items from china most likely you'll get some different country plug.
In short - this is a good feature, I like it :)

I got cord with UK plug for my corsair RM650x though it's Indian real unit. Try some electronic items from china most likely you'll get some different country plug.
In short - this is a good feature, I like it :)
You don't have to use UK cable you received with your SMPS. You can perfectly use any Indian power cable.

What I don't like about these is that, Indian plugs (or european plugs) don't fit snugly into these sockets and I have to put them sideways sometimes.

You don't have to use UK cable you received with your SMPS. You can perfectly use any Indian power cable.

What I don't like about these is that, Indian plugs (or european plugs) don't fit snugly into these sockets and I have to put them sideways sometimes.
I use these, have like 4 of them. Provides tight connection for both type of plugs. I initially got them so I don't have to throw the UK power cables.

https://www.flipkart.com/gold-medal...ctCard_cc_40_NA_view-all&cid=SUREUFYJR4TP3BZP

I know, I am still using other Indian Plug cable which I got with dell monitor. The original UK plug fits snugly too in my powerstrip.
I am using three of these since last 8 years only the third one is 3years old.
https://www.flipkart.com/tuscan-gol...rge-protector-white-boards/p/itm90474125009b6
earlier one was taiwan manufactured purchased from ebay India. 3rd one was from flipkart.
All 3 working good and plug fits good.
I hope they still maintain good quality and I can see 5 star rating at Amazon too. You can try if you like, these comes with different cable lengths and with 4 or 6 socket versions.

These are known as universal sockets. I have no problems with using Indian plugs with them. They are compatible with almost all types of plugs, hence called universal. In fact, since I am replacing my home sockets these days, I've gone for them for the home socket points as well, in addition to the 16/25A power sockets.

Thanks. Never heard of this brand Tuscan but as per feedback it seems good. I purchased Anchor 4-socket one last year for mere 250 rs. Now I see price is above 600!
Not so popular brand but these powerstrips I am using are really good. Rated total output 2500W / 10A with a thick cable.
Don't know much about this brand, my earlier ebay India bought units were Taiwan manufactured but recent one from Flipkart was Indian manufacturing though quality wise looks same.
Other brands like Belkin, anchor, ptron ptronics are also good but some of their model looks flimsy even in photos yet they ask premium price.

Back