Amazon Kindle (how is it for searching wikipedia )

I am about to by either the Kindle 4th generation or Kindle Touch

the thing I am not sure about is that how much good are these Kindles (especially Kindle 4th generation) for searching Wikipedia articles and other encyclopedias

dont say that download wiki app for tablet of something :unsure:

the 2 major reasons I am buying an ebook device are:

1. the display technology used e-ink
2. mainly for informative purpose

thank you :)

From what ive seen .. All the browsers in kindle are still in experimental stage.. but for now i would highly recommend u look for the new kindle with the back light in it

but at this link

Kindle - Best-Selling E-reader - Only $89

in the section Designed For Readers there is mentioned (the Wikipedia is mentioned explicitly) I hope it works not in an experimental manner

[h=4]Search Wikipedia and the Web[/h]Kindle makes it easy for you to search. Enter a word or phrase and Kindle will search every instance across your Kindle library, in the Kindle Store, on Wikipedia, or the Web using Google search. Kindle features an experimental WebKit-based browser to provide a better experience.

Using the Kindle to input text, view web-pages etc will be a real pain. I've got a 3rd gen Kindle, and while it's fantastic for reading books, surfing the net with it sucks.
The Kindle touch might do a better job, but the experience will still not be even half as good as on a tablet or mobile phone.
If you're really keen on buying it for browsing Wikipedia, pay a visit to Croma, and try it out.

Back