Amazon Renewed . Is it any good?

Is normal warranty by OEM applicable on renewed items? Also can we buy extended warranty as well?
Warranty details are item specific, mentioned under every items listing. Generally its 6 months, either seller or manufacturer.
I don't think they will provide an option for extended warranty.

Amazon Renewed makes sense in US because they have a lot of items returned for buyer's remorse. I have seen many Americans order 2-3 products, keep the one they like the most and return others. It doesn't make much sense in India because Amazon has a replacement only policy.

Deals like this shows we almost always pay 50% more despite being a poorer country -

I've had a recent unsatisfactory (but not unexpected) experience with Amazon Renewed.

During the sale, I purchased a Samsung 970 EVO Plus m.2 NVMe SSD. It was significantly discounted and I was able to claim bank offers as well as no cost emi. It arrived DOA. Manufacturing date was August 15th of this year and I might have been able to claim a warranty replacement but Amazon offered a replacement so I chose that instead. The replacement arrived four days later and inside was a Samsung branded 128GB Apple PCIe SSD for their older Macbooks. These SSDs have a different connector and are physically larger, so whoever pulled off this scam had to physically cut into the plastic mould to make it fit, and it's absolutely baffling how anyone didn't see the mould was butchered when it was returned.

The refund took about a week to process so no harm done here but I'm guessing SSDs are better off being avoided unless if you're willing to do an RMA with a possible DOA drive.

I've had a recent unsatisfactory (but not unexpected) experience with Amazon Renewed.

During the sale, I purchased a Samsung 970 EVO Plus m.2 NVMe SSD. It was significantly discounted and I was able to claim bank offers as well as no cost emi. It arrived DOA. Manufacturing date was August 15th of this year and I might have been able to claim a warranty replacement but Amazon offered a replacement so I chose that instead. The replacement arrived four days later and inside was a Samsung branded 128GB Apple PCIe SSD for their older Macbooks. These SSDs have a different connector and are physically larger, so whoever pulled off this scam had to physically cut into the plastic mould to make it fit, and it's absolutely baffling how anyone didn't see the mould was butchered when it was returned.

The refund took about a week to process so no harm done here but I'm guessing SSDs are better off being avoided unless if you're willing to do an RMA with a possible DOA drive.
Don't amazon renewed stuff have only seller warranty? Will samsung accept the bill for renewed item?

I haven't any RMA experience with Samsung. For Crucial, with Kaizen, they go by the serial number on the drive or memory module.

Back