Amazon/Sns missing item - What to do?

abhi1984

Disciple
Basically I bought an iphone from amazon.com...got it shipped to SnS. Now as per SnS, when they did a routine opening of the box, the phone was missing.
I emailed Amazon regarding this but they have not been forthcoming. I looked into their policies. My purchase which falls under the "Fulfilled by Amazon" category is protected under Amazon themselves for a refund/replacement. But amazon has been stonewalling me. Has one gone through a similar experience? What can I do in such cases?

File a charge back on your credit card. That is the only option I see here if amazon is unwilling to help.

I personally avoid all these 3rd party shipping services like plague since no one is accountable if things are lost.

I think you need to look into SNS too, in fast few have reported item missing when using SNS....
& since it fulfilled by Amazon means third party has shipped your order so chances are also that seller does not shipped your iPhone in first place...
But why SNS was going through your package?

Credit Card chargeback is a pain in itself with ICICI telling me the process will take over a month.

Never knew SnS also had such issues, it has been nothing but good experience with them for past 1 year. I thought SnS routinely opened packages -- every package I receive from them has been opened and taped back.
what I gather from Amazon description is fulfilled means the product though sold by a seller is actually shipped out of Amazon warehouse -- making them really accountable for such mishaps. In this case, the chances are either they dint check the package when it was sent to them by the seller or it was tampered later.

Back