Graphic Cards amd 6000 launch date and specification

ravipawar21

Disciple
amd 6000 launch date changed and specification

when will be amd 6000 card launching in india i have read from a site that amd might realease this series of card in october ..but no launch dates confirmed for india ..

so i want to confirm from tech enclave whethr this is mere speculation or this is truth...

and also what will be the price range of these cards..and what performance jump would they offer ...

update

amd is releasing this card in mid of october in ...so keep your fingers cross for its earliest release in INdia... :)

And also the card is estimated to be priced in the range of 170 to 230 $ so it will be a good buy...

for more detail you can see the thread "AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series ''Barts'' Specs Sheet Surfaces"

and specification of this card is here...
attachment.php
(image by DArkangel )

update

AMD has recently postponed the launch schedule of its next-generation Radeon HD 6000 series GPUs (Southern Islands) from the original October 12 to November, according to sources from graphics card makers. :(

from digitimes.com

update

AMD is releasing this card on time as heard from some sites.....so guys cross your finger

update

amd releasing this card on 22 october expected price 12k for 6850.
174828vfbe7cpwwpbktq8t.jpg

Speculations are abound that the Bart XT or 6770 can even beat the 5850 and yet it will introduced at 5770's price. :D

Launch date should be before Christmas, in the coming 2 months then!

Hold tight!

OverlorD said:
Speculations are abound that the Bart XT or 6770 can even beat the 5850 and yet it will introduced at 5770's price. :D
Launch date should be before Christmas, in the coming 2 months then!
Hold tight!

Thats a direct competitor to GTX460 1GB and 768MB versions. So pricing would be on those lines. ($170-$230)

finaly good news for all the gamers

AMD to launch Radeon HD 6000 Series, "Southern Islands" on October 12, 2010

AMD is officially launching this product on ocober 12.

Main benefits of this news-

1) AMD 6000 direct competitor of NVIDIA GTX 460.:)

2)Price may fall due to fierce competition between these two giants:)

So my Suggestion to all gpu buyers ..wait for this monster:)

Call me skeptic, but I think all of you are expecting too much for October "hard" launch... most of the things indicate at paper launch at October end or November first week and actual product shipments to start at max by start of 2011.

@iGO:

Yes correct. October would be when the NDA is lifted and sites will get the review samples. We can gloat on the performance graphs...!

ravipawar21 said:
finaly good news for all the gamers
AMD to launch Radeon HD 6000 Series, "Southern Islands" on October 12, 2010

AMD is officially launching this product on ocober 12.
Main benefits of this news-
1) AMD 6000 direct competitor of NVIDIA GTX 460.:)
2)Price may fall due to fierce competition between these two giants:)

So my Suggestion to all gpu buyers ..wait for this monster:)

That is actually false info. Southern Islands is the 28nm version or HD 7000. HD 6000 is Northern Islands and set to release in late October. There's a press event on Oct 12th.

So, basically, the actual launch is around October 25th. Let's see...

asingh said:
@iGO:

Yes correct. October would be when the NDA is lifted and sites will get the review samples. We can gloat on the performance graphs...!
Sites will have the cards weeks earlier. They will do extensive testing and the reviews will be put up after NDA.

I am more interested in the budget version. Maybe they will call it the HD6670. I think that since now a days they develop games for the consoles and then port them to the PC, even the Low-end graphic card like HD 5670 and 4670 do pretty well for most games. My HD 4670 has never disappointed me. I have to play at 720P for some games but I hardly notice a difference. Due to technology getting cheaper, unaffordable performance is becoming affordable.

Yes, reviews come on. But here's something from the GREEN CAMP.

Fermi mid life kicker comes in 40nm

Fermi mid life kicker comes in 40nm

To compete Radeon HD 6000

Nvidia is working on a mid-life kicker chip, something that will replace Fermi and something that will have to deal with the competition until Kepler comes at 28nm.

The new chip is designed to fight the Radeon HD 6000 series and of course Nvidia thinks that it has a clear win, and we quite sure ATI thinks the same.

We don’t really know as all the information we are gathering are contradictory. We do believe that Nvidia's kicker comes after Radeon HD 6000 launch, but there is a big chance that you'll see this new Fermi, let’s call it Fermi 1.5 even in late 2010.

These plans are not fixed yet, at least we don’t know that they are, but it looks that Q4 2010 will be quite interesting when it comes to graphics market.

I believe that NDA for HD6xxx that we are going to see soon ends a month from now, so we will see some early true numbers not just speculation on the new AMD (sigh) cards. The nvidia news .... well its been obvious that Fermi hasnt panned out to be all that great so ..... nvidia has most likely been working on it for a while now knowing that they are already behind and if HD6xxx is a good leap and beats 4xx at their price points nvidia are looking at playing 2nd fiddle to AMD.

So really we will get to see HD6xxx soon (should be available here in december latest).... nvidia's reply as of now is non existant cept for speculation.

Back