Graphic Cards amd 6000 launch date and specification

amd graphics are releasing on time .. :)
so get ready for this beast:hap2:

initial reports of delays on AMD's upcoming HD 6000 series graphics cards have been rejected by graphics cards makers.

An article today on Digitimes stating that sources in the graphics card making business had suggested the release of the Radeon HD 6000 series of GPUs was delayed by around a month, has been put to rest THINQ has at least one confirmation that launch plans remain unchanged,and that there will be cards available by late October.

I don't understand why people were expecting this to be a hard launch... all indications were almost clear that October announcement most likely would be a paper launch with actual shipment/sale starting a month or more later. It's apparent that AMD would like to target holiday season, but nothing in any report indicated that cards will go on sale anytime sooner.

So chill down people, the only thing you'll be getting for now in October will be official announcement and probably some selected reviews. Nobody even has clear idea about exact NDA date.

http://en.expreview.com/2010/09/28/...000while-price-drop-for-nvidia-gpu/10199.html

AMD announces that the launch date of Radeon HD 6000 series graphics cards will be postponed to November from the original October 18th,as Digitimes reported.

http://en.expreview.com/2010/09/27/fighting-radeon-hd-6000nvidia-working-on-kepler/10177.html

The upcoming new chip from NVIDIA,codenamed Kepler will be based on 28nm manufacturing process,which will be three times efficient than today’s Fermi architecture.

iGo said:
I don't understand why people were expecting this to be a hard launch... all indications were almost clear that October announcement most likely would be a paper launch with actual shipment/sale starting a month or more later. It's apparent that AMD would like to target holiday season, but nothing in any report indicated that cards will go on sale anytime sooner.

So chill down people, the only thing you'll be getting for now in October will be official announcement and probably some selected reviews. Nobody even has clear idea about exact NDA date.

Yea, true, same thing I am saying. Maximum we will "see" in October, would be reviews. People are commenting weeks earlier to October. Which is all ready here..!
draglord said:
i just hope they make 6 series xfireable with 5.....or at least make it like 4 series, put any card with any 4xxx u want
Low probability this would happen.

its the performance number i want to see,dont really care about hard launch as I wont be buying them anyways. Various sites should get the card in a week,so lets see if we get any good leaks ;)

Yup 18th october seems to be the launch date with some press event on the 12th. So we should see some reliable info after the 12th and some leaks close to it.

NEW GPU's !!! YAY

i am eagerly waitin fr this card ...i bought gtx 460 already...but after hearing this gave it to my cousin...nw praying for this card to launch in india as soon as possible...

but as per my experience i think the price of these cards will be higher than 11k even for lower 6xxxx version...:(

Yup....AMD 6000 series slated to release in october 19(Unconfirmed news:huh:) but i just read one of the comments in some article stating that AMD 6000 series is "more of an evolution rather than revolution"!!!!

halo12 said:
Yup....AMD 6000 series slated to release in october 19(Unconfirmed news:huh:) but i just read one of the comments in some article stating that AMD 6000 series is "more of an evolution rather than revolution"!!!!
Yup. Its a evolution. Just a tweaked version of the current gen. cards. This is coz the TSMC and Global foundries are still not ready with 28nm fab.

DarkAngel said:
Yup. Its a evolution. Just a tweaked version of the current gen. cards. This is coz the TSMC and Global foundries are still not ready with 28nm fab.
Wrong, it's more than just a tweak. Hav u seen the spec charts at all?? No offense but u said wrong there buddy.

The shader arrangemend has been changed, from a 4+1 to a 2+2 arrangement, that's why they are positioning a 960Shader HD6000 card for replacing the HD5850 or HD5870 possibly. So the shader power has been increased as now there are two shaaders per mini cluster which can do all tasks, while two do simpler tasks only, compared to 4 tiny and 1 big shader in the HD2000,3000,4000,5000 series.

So what we are seeing is the BIG transition after 4 GENERATIONS.

comp@ddict said:
Wrong, it's more than just a tweak. Hav u seen the spec charts at all?? No offense but u said wrong there buddy.

The shader arrangemend has been changed, from a 4+1 to a 2+2 arrangement, that's why they are positioning a 960Shader HD6000 card for replacing the HD5850 or HD5870 possibly. So the shader power has been increased as now there are two shaaders per mini cluster which can do all tasks, while two do simpler tasks only, compared to 4 tiny and 1 big shader in the HD2000,3000,4000,5000 series.

So what we are seeing is the BIG transition after 4 GENERATIONS.
All this sounds great on paper, but I prefer to wait for anand's review. Of course if the 6770 does perform better than 5870 and is priced at $200, it would be a revolution like the radeon 9700/9500 was in the good old days!

unixguru said:
All this sounds great on paper, but I prefer to wait for anand's review. Of course if the 6770 does perform better than 5870 and is priced at $200, it would be a revolution like the radeon 9700/9500 was in the good old days!
lol....the point addict made was that there are major architectural changes....if you are wondering what 2+2 and 4+1 mean, he is my understanding of the newer 4d format...earlier, 1 shader was used to divide work into 4 parts done by 4 other shaders, now the load is directly split into 2 parts and fed to the shaders....so effectively you got more shaders as compared to older generation...

btw, 1st post shows that the barts XT has 1280 shaders (pro has 1120) whereas i thought it was 960 (and 800 for pro), so what is right?

my gut feelings says that they will launch these cards before nov. as many top rated games are due for there respective release in nov.

surely the marketing team would try to cash in the launch .... if they get good reviews (hope they get 1 VFM card in 10k range)

i dont think we indians will get them before 2011 :D ..... so i will have to play cod 7 on my old 9800GT

Back