Graphic Cards amd 6000 launch date and specification

rajan1311 said:
lol....the point addict made was that there are major architectural changes....if you are wondering what 2+2 and 4+1 mean, he is my understanding of the newer 4d format...earlier, 1 shader was used to divide work into 4 parts done by 4 other shaders, now the load is directly split into 2 parts and fed to the shaders....so effectively you got more shaders as compared to older generation...

btw, 1st post shows that the barts XT has 1280 shaders (pro has 1120) whereas i thought it was 960 (and 800 for pro), so what is right?
Yes it's still a mystery. Some sliders show 1280/1120, some show 960/800. Confused on that part right now.

Lol

I am still using the 9600GSO 512 and still very happy having it

My next upgrade may be a GTX660. LOL.

I have my 360 for all games

main thing that is to be seen in these card is their performance in new dx 11 games like metro 2033 ..as i have seen from previous reviews of nvidia gtx 460 cards that they also are not offering good performance on this game..

so i hope the amd cards like 6850 and 6870 will offer better performance than the green group nvidia..

now final countdown has begun for the launch of these cards .....:)

The HD6850 is 9 inches long

will that fit in a CM elite 310?

I have a VX450 which can power this little beast, but i am worried about the size of the card

don't worry the HD6850 is slotted against GTX460 768 MB and HD 5830

so expect the price to be the same or somewhat lower(sub10k mark)

that is if the AMD guys don't wan't to shoot themselves in the head

i am too worried about my finances ....i m looking for the amd 6850 but if the price of this card is more than 11k i would not be buying this one but i hope to see some price cuts in case of gtx 460 1 gb card ..then i will go for that ...currently gtx 460 1 gb zotac available for 12.5 to 13.5k in nehru place ..so after the launch of amd card i think only option left for green club is to reduce the price by 1k for gtx 460 1 gb and 500 inr in gtx 460 768 mb ...now this card is available at a price of 11k hope to see it at 10k ...

now i am not the person who will decide what type of competition in terms of price is gonna to happen ..but it is for sure that fierce pricing war is going to happen ...and surely the company which offers good pricing will win this war....:)

funkysourav said:
The HD6850 is 9 inches long

will that fit in a CM elite 310?

I have a VX450 which can power this little beast, but i am worried about the size of the card
If its really 9" long then it should easily fit in a 310. My 4770 is 9.25" and it fits in my Zebby Bijli w/o any prob :)

i have got info from some site that nvidia is also planning to reduce the price of its gtx 460 and gtx 470 cards in coming week after amd launch...:)

and it is also to be noted that price cuts are big not small cuts ...so its a big news for all the people who are waiting to buy any new card now..:;

Back