CPU/Mobo Amd A6-3500 or intel dual core for gaming

Amd A6-3500 or intel dual core which one is better for games?

Irrespective of GPU, all 2nd gen intel CPUs beat the hell out of AMD counterparts in gaming arena. If you're talking of IGP, then Llano is ahead of HD3000, but HD4000 again beats it easily.

Layout the setups you have in mind with your budget. Gpu and screen resolution for starters. This is just leaving too much room for speculation and guess work.

Irrespective of GPU, all 2nd gen intel CPUs beat the hell out of AMD counterparts in gaming arena. If you're talking of IGP, then Llano is ahead of HD3000, but HD4000 again beats it easily.

Not as easily as you're saying it. Till now only the 500$ mobile Ivy Bridge HD4000 and the 300$ desktop Ivy Bridge quad-cores with HD4000 beat Llano's IGP decisively.

Not as easily as you're saying it. Till now only the 500$ mobile Ivy Bridge HD4000 and the 300$ desktop Ivy Bridge quad-cores with HD4000 beat Llano's IGP decisively.[/QUOT ]

can u plz give a short explanation

What I'm saying is, only the costliest of INTEL's chips with HD4000 have been able to match AMD's previous gen Llano graphics performance. Trinity remains untouched.

Desktop Trinity scales INSANELY with memory speed. Full review here:

AMD Trinity On The Desktop: A10, A8, And A6 Get Benchmarked! : Trinity: Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You

Amd A6-3500 or intel dual core which one is better for games?

Are you talking about the IGP + CPU performance OR discrete GPU + CPU performance.

Intel outperforms AMD CPU's with a discrete GPU; whilst AMD's IGP + CPU = APU formula is simply unbeatable on the other end.

when will trinity launch?????????//

This is the scheduled launch time-period that AMD has set for Trinity desktop chips to arrive on scene -- June --> August but various reports site that it might be pushed back to the October --> December time frame.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Very application dependent, on the grand scale of things the AMD Trinity chips are better performers for the casual / light fidelity gamer + day-to-day computer user.

Also the Intel graphics drivers are nothing to write home about, whereas AMD has got its Catalyst suite.

AMD Trinity review(s) --
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-5800k-a8-5600k-a6-5400k,3224.html
How about Trinity’s built-in graphics component? Clearly, this is one of AMD’s greatest strengths. We know from our Core i7-3770K review that HD Graphics 4000 can’t even keep up with Llano. Pile on frame rates that are 20 to 25% higher than the first-gen APU and you have the prelude to a blowout favoring AMD's Trinity. Of course, there aren’t any Intel processors with HD Graphics 4000 selling where we’d expect to find these upcoming APUs, making HD Graphics 2000 or 3000 a more realistic comparison. We’ll see how that Core i3-2100 sizes up, but the results of our benchmarks are foregone.

Very application dependent, on the grand scale of things the AMD Trinity chips are better performers for the casual / light fidelity gamer + day-to-day computer user.

Also the Intel graphics drivers are nothing to write home about, whereas AMD has got its Catalyst suite.

AMD Trinity review(s) --
AMD Trinity On The Desktop: A10, A8, And A6 Get Benchmarked! : Trinity: Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You

I already said in gaming (irrespective of GPU, not "excluding" it), an i3 almost beats even 1075T ; not to mention phenom quad cores are handily beaten. The latter goes ahead in multi threaded apps. And why are you quoting Trinity here? Its totally different thing, and doesn't makes sense here.

Also point to be noted is that a dedicated GPU's would be performing much better then an APU even if one spends a little more only...

This holds true even in the case of a much limited Pentium Dual Core G620 which is a heavily limited Sandybridge but when paired with a GPU it decimates the AMD offerings in the same price range with a dedicated GPU... This holds true for other better chips from Intel as well...

I already said in gaming (irrespective of GPU, not "excluding" it), an i3 almost beats even 1075T ; not to mention phenom quad cores are handily beaten. The latter goes ahead in multi threaded apps. And why are you quoting Trinity here? Its totally different thing, and doesn't makes sense here.

Well because OP originally wanted an IGP based solution in his limited budget. Trinity is supposed to ship ~mid June [if AMD does not rollback]. And if you look at OP's posts he is definitely inclined towards the Llano OR Trinity setup.

In a IGP battle Llano toasts Sandy-Bridge and even the newer Intel Ivy-Bridges although the HD 4000 equipped models close the gap; if you want an integrated package in a tight budget you cannot go wrong with the AMD APU offerings [either the 1st OR 2nd generation].

I do agree that once you toss in a discrete graphics card into the mix; a Core i3 2100 is head-to-head with the FX-8120 in gaming performance. Heck @Bikenstein was running a GTX 580 + Pentium G620 and getting decent frames on Battlefield 3.

^ @ALPHA17 The last point, that's what I wanted to say. No IGP, nothing else. Simple CPU performance in gaming with dGPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back