CPU/Mobo AMD Ahlon x2 dual core processor 4600+

Da-2kToX

Disciple
Will this comp last me at least 5 to 7 years?????????? for upcomming games?

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4600+ 2 GIG RAM 320 GIG HARD DRIVE x1900xtx

AMD 64 LIVE

:D

nothing will perform like you want for 7 years.
nothing...

remember what was the graphic card and proc of 1999...

games like crytek are just the beginning...

Not a chance. No Config lasts for 5-7 years for gaming. The best you can use your current rig for gaming will a max 2 years.

akshitmohan said:
Umm,

X6800.
Wait for a mobo.
Quad Sli.
4Gigs of RAM.
hehe u having fun akshit..lol
...with that money he could easily upgrade to a mid segment PC every 2 years for next 6 years...

hmmm... damn ill say at least it will last me 2 1/2 years at least :S maybe by upgrading ram or i could just buy a better dual processor????? i mean i dont need to buy a whole new comp right?

:D..

Anyway, dude, no system is going to last you for 7 years. Not even the best system that money can buy today. You'll probably have like 20 cores by then. A good conroe rig should be good for about 3 years though. As for the graphics card; wait for dx10 cards ..

hw can u upgrade just the proc...wat abt MB...and what abt the most imp aspect the graphic card...

but yours will rmeina a good satisfying PC for 3 years dude....so congrats...

BTW, how much did you get the X2 and when ? Hope you didn't get ripped off .. AMD prices have down-rocketed following the release of Intel's Core 2 Duo..

oh well i baught it like 2 months ago in bestbuy the video card and the monitor plus the computer cost me all together 2300 2400 not sure

Da|2kToX said:
damnn.... :| i baught my x1900xtx like a month ago im so disapointed:S
3 years is good time bud...
Its a wonderful card...
Ideally I would like to have a directx10 for 3 years than directx9....but again what will happen when directx11 comes...
but really directx 10 is a major major release..cant stress it further..
but ur xtx will last well upto 2 years and average for the year or so after that...
total 3 years...ok now have fun with that ;)

When the hell did does new processors started comming out !!!! i never saw the Core 2 Duo when i went to best buy instead of the AMD Athlone 64 x2 4600+ i would of gotten the core 2 duo

da...b regular here..ull get the knowledge............mean read read and read......

btw according tomoores law every 2 years...the number of transistors on proocessers double...so every 2nd year new comp arrives..so in all.....your best peice u can buy will remain best upto 3 yrs(not always best.......but on better level)...now after3 yrs u compare with new stuffs ard......and if u find something givingmore than double the advantage than change it..or else keep that......

btw your rig is still better though not lik the geeks here.......but damn good still

Back