CPU/Mobo AMD Athlon 64 3200+, not working

rareravi

Disciple
HI,
Recently my A8N-E 939 SOCKET board(3 years old) got replaced with A8N-SLI.But the problem is that due to mishandling one of my processor Atlon 3200+ pin broken and i tried to fix with all the possible methods but FAILED:mad:
Now my dealer suggests buy a new Athlon FX55 processor which costs around 3.2+VAT approx.
So i am here to ask whether is it good to buy new processor or invest in a New Platform like Phenom II etc..

Here are my system config
Board: Asus A8n-SLI 939 socket
Processor :Athlon 3200+ 2.0Ghz
Ram:Transcend 1GB DDR 400
GPU:XFX Geforce 6600GT DDR3 256Mb

Investing in a new platform will be much better, the new phenom II offers performance way higher than Athlon at a very low power consumption..

Now my dealer suggests buy a new Athlon FX55 processor which costs around 3.2+VAT approx.

Damn.. The legendary FX selling for 3.2k :p

rareravi said:
HI,
Recently my A8N-E 939 SOCKET board(3 years old) got replaced with A8N-SLI.But the problem is that due to mishandling one of my processor Atlon 3200+ pin broken and i tried to fix with all the possible methods but FAILED:mad:
So i am here to ask whether is it good to buy new processor or invest in a New Platform like Phenom II etc..

Here are my system config
Board: Asus A8n-SLI 939 socket
Processor :Athlon 3200+ 2.0Ghz
Ram:Transcend 1GB DDR 400
GPU:XFX Geforce 6600GT DDR3 256Mb

Didn't know the FX which were one of the fastest processor became cheap...:p

Get a secondhand athlon processor from TE market or AthlonX2..:)

If you mention budget we could recommend the config...:)but phenom2 will worth the upgrade...

I think it is not good time to upgrade because new processors from Intel will be launched soon[core i3 and i5] and AMD will surely drop its high performance phenom II series prices as it was happened for 939 processor due to c2d processor launch:mad:

Somehow I doubt the prices would come down. AMD processors are competitively priced as it is. Besides, haven't the prices gone up a little over the last week>

i was about to create a thread to sell my Athlon X2 4200+ 939 socket, as my old A8NE after RMA, is returning as cash back. :S

ill start the thread with pics and lets see if you are interested.

Back