CPU/Mobo AMD Athlon X2 s939 4200+

karthikrg

Disciple
Hey Guyz..
First time im posting here... Is it still possible to get s939 Dual core Athlon X2's in India? If anyone of you guyz know any source (preferably in Delhi).. pls tell me where.. also mention the cost.. I am specifically mentioning the 4200+ X2 s939 as it is on AMD's latest processor price list on it's website @ $89. Thanks

You could try looking for an Opteron 165/170 instead as AMD's support for Socket 939 server processors still seems to be continuing.

any idea how much an opty 165/170 will cost? we can only go for a new one with bill, as it is a college comp we r looking at upgrading

i have amd x2 4200 and an opty 165 available for sale. Both with balance warranty.
X2 4200 for 4500/- shipped
Opty 165 for 5000/- shipped
let me know if ur interested.

see i have already made it clear here, that it is NOT a personal purchase I am looking at.. I need to buy from a dealer as a new piece with warranty as it is a COLLEGE COMPUTER

A few people i know picked up the Opty 165 (here in Chennai) just few weeks back for roughly 5.5k. I too recall seeing these available even recently.. hopefully the same situation should exist in Delhi. These procs are popular for the Socket 939 'server' platforms in existence, hence production/support still seems to be continuing unlike the 939 X2's that were long phased out.

If AMD still lists the X2 4200+ available as a 939 flavour on their price guide, there might be a possibility that a few of these are still being produced - try your luck!

ajex said:
well after the same situation in which u are now i ordered this proc from ebay :
NEW AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 939 TOLEDO Dual-Core CPU NEW - (item 270155850360 end time Aug-18-07 21:58:20 PDT)

but i still haven received the proc and i bought it for 105.50$ so i will suggest that u should buy from india only....or u would end up like me..currently in a dispute with that seller on paypal...

see my thread:
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/amd-4200-939-shipped-via-usps-95757.html

:(
Bad decision- even pricewise.:(
karthikrg said:
Hey Guyz..
First time im posting here... Is it still possible to get s939 Dual core Athlon X2's in India? If anyone of you guyz know any source (preferably in Delhi).. pls tell me where.. also mention the cost.. I am specifically mentioning the 4200+ X2 s939 as it is on AMD's latest processor price list on it's website @ $89. Thanks
Delta Peripherals, Chennai had few retail opteron939 165/170/175 in stock.
They were retailing the Opteron 165 for around 5.4-5.5K iirc.:)

Contact SMC intnl, Delhi- they might be able to arrange one piece for the same or lower price- if not in stock.
Maybe Delhi people can comment more on this.:)

In case you have some reliable contact in Chennai, it can be purchased from Delta and shipped to you.:cool2:

Back