CPU/Mobo AMD Fusion Discussion Thread

Re: AMD Llano Discussion Thread

Sorry that was more like Fusion aka Bobcat Thread, this I created solely for Llano, because, trust me, Llano is BIG.

So the cheapest 400 SHader APU is 150$ eh? Sad.

I was wondering why we didn't have a separate thread for Llano. :p

Cmon, let the reviews out already!

Is the hybrid CFX applicable to 5 series ati cards?If thats not possible,then the IGP on the apu is useless for people with graphics cards.

Yes, what does the IGP do in systems with discrete graphic cards? Does it join forces with it or goes to sleep?

It joins forces with HD66xx series GFx cards to give upto 60% more performance.

Plug a higher end card, and it goes to sleep.

Well whaddya expect, it's not Lucid Logics Chip there.

Review: AMD Llano A8-3800 and Gigabyte A75-UD4H test

Also,

Originally Posted by Wikipedia

Select models will support TurboCore technology along with a hybrid graphics technology that will allow the GPUs of select A-series APUs to assist a discrete graphics card in graphics processing, when paired with a Northern Islands (Radeon HD 6000 series) discrete graphics card. This is similar to the current Hybrid CrossFireX technology that is available in the select AMD 700 and 800 series chipsets.

This is win, because if a dedicated card of nearly same performance is plugged in as Hybrid Crossfire then there will be a significant performance boost. :)

^^Already posted in the same thread :p Check older post.

I'll rather wait for the final samples to be out, performance will increase as drivers mature. Llano will be a great deal for lappies if they manage to pull out good battery life :)

In line with that leaked chart couple of days back.

A4-3300M has 240 shaders whereas discrete HD64xxM series has only 160 shaders :p If these dual core laptops come down to $400-500 by holiday season AMD will sell like hotcakes
IGP has a new meaning now :)

I find the top three chips tasty

If the 35W 1.5Ghz one is cheap, or the 1.8Ghz 45W is cheap, it would be the best choice (cheap as in big price difference with top model @ 1.9GHz)

Today is 13th and AFDS starts today, release announcement for Llano APUs will be done either today or by tomorrow :)

Hopefully a slew of notebooks (11" /13") will show up as well.

It's notebooks first, mobile chips being priority. Although I expect benchmarks to hit us early morning 6am or about 1pm depending on which region time embargo was set.

The notebook first thingy is kinda obvious. Many desktop users will be put off by the fact that Llano has a completely different socket from AM3+ which may reduce the number of people who think Llano can be an upgrade path in the same motherboard for a bulldozer. But this kind of setup of low power CPU with Discrete Level GPU will work wonders in laptops. We can expect mid-gaming laptops WITHOUT heating issues :D

BTW AMD is gonna have a hard time if Socket FM1 boards are priced anywhere above 50-60$, which is where basic AM3 760G/780L motherboards start, given the fact that they lack bulldozer compatibility and they're part of a "budget" platform.

Excellent review from Jarred Walton and Anand as always :) If the test h/w is priced @ $550-$600 then its a budget laptop gamers dream :) Almost all the latest games are playable @1366*768 low settings.

Back