Budget 51-70k AMD Gaming PC

Best Gaming CPU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@bssunil

I feel that a 3770 upgrade would serve you better than the a new AMD setup. Would suggest to ask the company whether they have included the 3770, without looking at the cost aspect. The reasoning being that they look at new build systems and not upgrading existing build systems. The amount of money you would be losing on selling the existing setup would be not relatively minor.

Add an SSD and the machine should respond better.

In the event you are running VMs, that is dependent on the speed connection at your place.

Last edited by a moderator:
@bssunil

I feel that a 3770 upgrade would serve you better than the a new AMD setup. Would suggest to ask the company whether they have included the 3770, without looking at the cost aspect. The reasoning being that they look at new build systems and not upgrading existing build systems. The amount of money you would be losing on selling the existing setup would be not relatively minor.

Add an SSD and the machine should respond better.

In the event you are running VMs, that is dependent on the speed connection at your place.

Duh... Methinks OP's wifey's requirements are best served with the AMD setup (octacore & better hyper-threading possibilities for their needs - running Oracle & Informatica). Do not forget that the header of this thread is no longer valid, as OP clarified things in a better perspective as he walked down the road (together with his wife :happy:) and realised that "gaming" alone is not a priority. This sacrifice alone ranks supreme. The money (always a relative factor) is incomparable to the Love gained.

Besides, I think his decision is final. He has already put up his old rig for sale & incorporated a 240GB ssd in his new amd setup. This will definately serve him well for the next few years.

Sometimes in Life - we suddenly realise that we gotta take/make new choices, based on the new set of conditions that are now upon us. Letting go of Intel in favour of AMD is the better option in this case.

Lastly, as an AMD fanboy, I feel glad that - there are yet some places today that Intel has not bridged the gap (price+performance).

Adieu
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Duh... Methinks OP's wifey's requirements are best served with the AMD setup (octacore & better hyper-threading possibilities for their needs - running Oracle & Informatica). Do not forget that the header of this thread is no longer valid, as OP clarified things in a better perspective as he walked down the road (together with his wife :happy:) and realised that "gaming" alone is not a priority. This sacrifice alone ranks supreme. The money (always a relative factor) is incomparable to the Love gained.

Besides, I think his decision is final. He has already put up his old rig for sale & incorporated a 240GB ssd in his new amd setup. This will definately serve him well for the next few years.

Sometimes in Life - we suddenly realise that we gotta take/make new choices, based on the new set of conditions that are now upon us. Letting go of Intel in favour of AMD is the better option in this case.

Lastly, as an AMD fanboy, I feel glad that - there are yet some places today that Intel has not bridged the gap (price+performance).

Adieu
Terry

I already ordered the following PC components from theitwares.com and have been shipped :

AMD FX 8320 -10850,
Asus M5A97 R2.0 -6735,
Sapphire HD7770 1GB -8250,
Asus 24B5ST DVDRW -1150,
Seasonic SS-660KM -7456, (infibeam)
Kingston V+200 240GB SSD -12255, (flipkart)
Corsair H60 -3700, (locally bought)
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz -4000,
NZXT Phantom 410 -6700
Deep Cool 120mm 4 BLUE LED Fans -1428
TOTAL -62524.

I already became an AMD Fanboy.

What I require is APC 1.1Kva UPS for 5.2k

Congrats matey. Let's hear from you after a few weeks (esp you wife's feedback) on how this RIG performs for her apps.

An extremely bold, sensible & practical decision.

Enjoy
Terry

Back