CPU/Mobo AMD in India SUCKS Big Time

PCJedi

Adept
Guys, before you start flaming me :huh: This is from dark lords signature
Darky, please throw some light on why is this in your sig. I would love to know. (and add ).

Because, those distys refused to get him a X2 4200+ :p and they're qoyting the price of SD 3700+ insane :p

for starters, AMD caters to the basic market in India. Enthusiasts are totally left out. hence his siggy. :D

i remember how tough a time i had looking for a Barton 2500+ initially. It took AMD more than 6 months to ship in 2500+ after it was widely available elsewhere (abroad).

During that time, the AMD Country Sales Manager (Karnataka) was shocked that I had a 3200+ (basically a OCed 2500+) coz as per his info, such a thing never existed..

try talking about Venice or Winchester or a San Diego with the AMD reps and distis.. u'll know :D

Having said that, I must say that the awareness among the reps and the distis is gradually on the rise.. but still not up to the expectations of any enthusiast ;)

Darky, please throw some light on why is this in your sig. I would love to know. (and add ).

Well that is because of this -
Well my dealer is interested in promoting AMD,infact he sells more AMD than Intel.Now,the AMD representative in Pune had come to his palce, he introduced us both...blah blah
Then this guy made me AMD AAA partner.....god knows what that means.. :p

Anyways now i wanted to get X2 4200+ ,i called him...he said it can be arranged .He said,the pricing in US is 575$ so it comes to around 26,000/- so i said, should i consider 30k -32k max for it ?
I gave him a buffer of nearly 6k.He said, yeah, it would be around that price.
Mind you, just a day back, i had placed order for FX55 for my customer.

Now after 2 days i called my dealer to confirm my order for X2.
He said, he will talk to disti,AMD guy and get back to me.

Then my dealer called and told me,pricing can ba confirmed on 10th July and delivery will be done at end of july.

I said ok.
On 8th i first called AMD guy, to my surprise,he said X2 wont come till July End and it should come in August....

I meediately called my dealer...

He told me,yes that is what the scenario is....
and then to my horror,he told me FX55 is unavailable and would you like FX-51 ?
I said,fine, please give the board and ECC Ram for it,complimentary to me... :mad:

So i contacted my other sources, and got the FX 55 arranged,this caused my customer to get frustrated....
Who was squashed in between ? me...what was my fault ?
I ahvent found out yet.

And being an AMD guy, he shud try to promote high end CPUs and be ever trying to procure it.
Come on, AMD is trying to make inroads into Intel bastion,and thats the kind of interest they have ?

I mean come on, i was asking for a ****in 30k+ chip and not some piece of crap sempron costing nearly 3k....

Thats what my sig is for..i guess that clears up things.

I agree with al you have said.... And you have had a particulat case with AMD. But it is the same with any computer company here.....

hey dark...cant u contact the top authorithies via mail directly...in america(or wherever amd head office situated)...lik u trying to contact dfi...........and giv them assurance abt how many overclockers and tech enthusiast r here and intrested in high end comps frm them......seeing your knowledge and passing links of our forum might even help........why not giv it a try........i will definately support u......wht u say guys????

That said,AMD is still better VFM here anyday.They do have a decent mid-range which is what most people look for over here.There isn't that much of a market for the FX-55 and their like.
The situation today is much better.A couple of years back finding a decent mobo for an AMD processior was a challenge.

The way you are feeling for AMD , i have to say the following.

Benq in India SUCKS Big Time.
Hehe

Trying to get my hands on DW1640 past one month and the people at Benq India
tell me it will come in 10 Days , 20 Days and now they told me 2Months.

Why do good things vanish from market so soon and why are they limited.
Benq should realize that if there particular model is in so much demand they should
try and manufacture more to fulfil the peoples demands.

Its in shortage worldwide , by the time Benq decides to meet the demands some other
drive better than it would come and capture the market and then the people
who were earlier intrested in the DW1640 wud go and buy the more better one.

Back