CPU/Mobo AMD on top

KingKrool

Skilled
1. go to www.hardocp.com

2. look at the first three articles on the page (featured articles)

3. Note the Amd64 logo on the side of each of them.

This isn't an attempt to start the Intel/AMD thing again, just talking about how AMD seems to be getting a lot of press nowadays.

Huh the articles are AMD related hence the logo, there is also an Xbox article with an XBOX logo..
Maybe I am using FF hence dont see any other logos. Also [H] has a policy they will only advertise products that they approve of...
AMD has improved its PR but only marginally, they dont have the money they are incurring losses the last quarter.

Well atleast they r starting too.......
i mean in India too......
never had seeen AMD marketing thier products this way bfore in India......with Buses carrying thier ads, LOl

Actually AMD has always had superior PR.
Why do you think tech istes like anandtech, the H etc love them (forget tom's)? AMD was the one that actually started this thing of giving test samples to all and sundry. Intel required you to eother be a big magazine, or buy ur own damn pack.
It was the marketing department of AMD that then (and even now) sucked big time.
Huh the articles are AMD related hence the logo
Exactly my point. AMD is making their presence felt.
And while ow the first article is about XBOX, for the past three days it was AMD all the way.

Exactly my point. AMD is making their presence felt.
And while ow the first article is about XBOX, for the past three days it was AMD all the way.

Thats because they are testing AMD's products, if they test an Intel product the Intel logo will be there. Same thing is there on TE news portal an AMD related news will have an AMD logo, the PR dept has nothing to do with it. And also Intel also gives test samples to all the major sites. Infact AMD just has its presence in tech savvy places where they understand its worth, its PR and mktg dept both are cash strapped.

Aces170 said:
they dont have the money they are incurring losses the last quarter.

Their losses have nothing to do with their processor business, but their flash memory business. It wasnt doing too good and hence the huge losses, apparently they've spun off the business so should do better :)

EDIT: Here's a link to a report - [RANK="www.itworld.com/Tech/4535/050414amdloss/"]http://www.itworld.com/Tech/4535/050414amdloss/[/RANK]

[font=verdana, arial, geneva, sans-serif][size=-1]
Shipments of AMD's Opteron and Athlon 64 processors grew 31 percent from the fourth quarter to the first quarter, Ruiz said. This is much faster than the rest of the processor industry, which typically sees flat growth or a decline coming off the fourth quarter, he said.
[/size][/font]

So, even though there's not much of in-your-face Intel style advertising, AMD's numbers are growing rapidly. Word of mouth is the best publicity you could ever have :cool2:

Crazy_Eddy said:
So, even though there's not much of in-your-face Intel style advertising, AMD's numbers are growing rapidly. Word of mouth is the best publicity you could ever have
...and the folks at TE are doing their best to pickup AMD sales :p

Back