PC Peripherals AMD or C2D

Super Saiyan

Disciple
hi,
first of all, what is the equivalent of an intel C2D in AMD?
what are the pros and cons of both processors?
a head 2 head compare will help me a lot. Im actually VERY confused on what to go for.
can someone help?

It all depends on budget... let me know your budget :) Right off the bat, however, I'd say if you're going C2D get an E6600 or it's not worth it. The AMD X2 3600's and 3800's are close in comparison to an E6300. Another drawback with C2D's is that good motherboards cost about 10k (used for 10k right here).

I would recommend to go for an X2 Brisabane + Nforce board if you cant afford an E6600 + some P5B-Dlx/p5n32. Put in the saved money for a decent graphics card and a good LCD ....as knowing by your habits u game a lot lol :p

Anyway gimme the budget & stuffs reqd...the config can be thrown in no time :p

Ya man! Without a budget specification , recommendations would be fruitless.

And with X2 being available for so cheap now-a-days, its impossible to ignore that as a compelling alternative to C2D's.

Vivek's deal is a good one since it's still under warranty. If it's all about performance, get an E6600 (15.5k) + P5WDH or P5B Deluxe (10k used). This will be MUCH faster than the X2 3800. However, if you planning on the E6300, I'd recommend the X2 3800 with a good board and 2GB memory over it anyday. I'm guessing cost will also play a major role in your upgrade, and it absolutely doesn't make sense to blindly fall for a C2D E6300. It's not significantly faster than an X2 3600 or 3800, and an E6300 definitely loses out on the price:performance ratio simply because of the insane prices of good boards.

Bottom line: if you're budget restricted, get an X2 3600 or 3800 because it's great VFM... if budget is the least of your concerns, E6600 + a used board.

Since Rio already gave in the high-end C2D config...lemme give u the cheapo X2 specs:

X2 3600+ Brisbane with M2N-MX( if u r ok with 2 PCI slots , even expensive boards than this doesn't have the OC options it has in the BIOS, I have bought 5 of this combos for my frends nd relatives till now.....easily ocable to 2.4Ghz with stock cooling)

damage--- 7k all incl

Other board options(which OC decently)

Asus M2N---5k

2 X 1 GB DDR2 667 Transcend

damage--- 6k all incl

Palit 7900GS//Zebby 8800GTS 320 MB :p

damage---- 10k all incl// 20k all incl

A few days back I got the Opteron 175 (Toledo) which is a DUAL 2200mhz ... can anyone please tell what are the differences between this CPU and a X2 4400 Toledo ? Will the speed of these 2 CPUs be the same ? I get pretty low 3dMark06 scores with this CPU and my 8800 GTS - only 7577 marks - the CPU score are 1656. These are quite a bit below the scores of a C2D E6400 in a list from Tom's Hardware :(

ssdivisiongermany1933 said:
C2D any time , it rocks
Yep, the C2D is faster because it rocks. And also get a video card from Nvidia because its cool. M8 if you wanna be with the "in" crowd you so gonna need a c2d...

:S ..,,many sites show that x2 3800+ lags far behind e6300..in fact it is shown as comparable to 4600+ in tests...are these tests biased r smething:huh:

It all depends on the budget... an X2 3600 with 2GB memory is a better option than an E6300 with 1GB memory. So, if budget was no limitation, recommending the E6300 or even E6600 is not difficult :)

jith77 said:
:S ..,,many sites show that x2 3800+ lags far behind e6300..in fact it is shown as comparable to 4600+ in tests...are these tests biased r smething:huh:

You have to take in account that the AMD proccys are ridiculously cheaper then their intel counterparts which start with a price tag of like 8k for even the e4300

If it's money you are concerned about then stick with AMD's x2 stuff, otherwise go the Intel way if you are a performance geek and jump at seeing fps differences :/

Back