CPU/Mobo AMD Overdrive fails to start

zubin4

Disciple
Guys,

AMD is giving me a hard time.....
I have a AMD X2 7750 and ASUS M3A78EM (780G) mobo. I installed windows 7 64 and installed AMD Overdrive.....

The aim was to overcloack the CPU and other components to extract somemore perf.....but it fails to start .......

Please help.....

Which version you are trying ?

I never find AOD good for OC . For some reason I get low scores if I OC using AOD, @ 3.82 [ 218 X 17.5 ] I get 18.3 SuperPi but using the same setting from AOD give me 19s :p

Thougth using AOD I can push the X2 a bit more :) Even with tighter timings ;)

I dont remember exactly and I may be wrong but i remember reading somewhere that AOD has some issues working with Vista.

set all options to default on bios voltage memory timings speed all to be set on auto then try starting overdrive shud work .it usually happens when ur trying to overclock both from bios and overdrive .so ...

latest build works fine for me on win 7 32bit..

it might just be an issue with win7 64bit.

try it with some other OS...(via virtual machine maybe)

It depends on what you want. If you want absolute performance without a care to the cost, then go for i7 but if you’re one of the sensible ones who want the ultimate performance for the price and also be able to overclock to insane levels or decide to become geeky and unlock cores – get the AMD Phenom II.

I got exactly the same Board and the processor but a little different problem. Overdrive opens but when I increase my FSB by even 1 ,the whole system hangs

hash said:
I got exactly the same Board and the processor but a little different problem. Overdrive opens but when I increase my FSB by even 1 ,the whole system hangs

turn of cool n quiet n try..

i use Biostar Overclock III, and is pretty good. Just increase the vcore and core clocks, and hit test. It tests for some errors for a few seconds, and it done.

It can hit better clocks than ocing through BIOS, as windows 7 wont boot with those clocks, dunn why. But it is stable after ocing through windows and i can successfully finish 3dm 06, all everest benchs, furmark and so on.

ive noticed a big hit in furmark performance after the shift from 9.6 to 9.7 catalyst. The avg score went down from 180 to 102 fps.

Back