CPU/Mobo AMD Phenom II 550 BE unlocking help

Hi,

My vendor has a 0922APMW batch proc with him which he has kept aside for me. However, I am unable to find the Biostar TA790GX 128M board anywhere as it seems to be out of stock with most distris. They do have the TA790GXB A2+ available but I am not sure if it would be a good match for the proc I have.

Could someone throw some light on this pls?

Thanks.

Jetway Ha07 has unlocking for sure :)

Full solid state capacitors and very decent board. :p

You can look for Gigabyte alternative as well. They offer unlocking as well.

spacenoxx said:
Hi,

My vendor has a 0922APMW batch proc with him which he has kept aside for me. However, I am unable to find the Biostar TA790GX 128M board anywhere as it seems to be out of stock with most distris. They do have the TA790GXB A2+ available but I am not sure if it would be a good match for the proc I have.

Could someone throw some light on this pls?

Thanks.

a2+ dosent have 128mb onboard memory and crossifreX(another pcie lane missing).

If u want to use only one GPU or use nvidia cards it makes no sense to buy 128m.
Rest of TA790GXb A2+ is same as 128m......Its usually a2+ boards tht are out of stock as they are 1k cheaper than 128m board.:hap2:

i Have the same combo and now im at X4 B50 @ 3.6Ghz.

it was 0922apmw and i quaded it the very first boot itself. I didnt even cared to boot at dual core mode even once.:eek:hyeah:

ANd started OC from the second boot.:D

Go get the stuffs before the dealers sells it to someone else.

If you dont care about Crossfiring, then GXB A2+ is same as the 128M.

You shud set smart fan OFF in BIOS after quading, as it helps keep the temp low though fan speed will be around 4k~4.5k.

Turn on CnQ even after oc, which ll bring down idle temps to some 36c.

vijaycool said:
I need one proccy from that batch. Where do you stay?

I am buying it locally from a vendor I know. However Amarbir has one when I checked with him the day before. So I suggest you call him and get one right away else it may be a lil too late.

Back