CPU/Mobo AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 BE overclocked to 6.29GHz

Anubis

Skilled
AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 BE overclocked to 6.29GHz

amdl.gif

On LN2, naturally

An overclocker going by the stage name Luca has managed to overclock AMD's new six-core T1090 Black Edition to a whopping 6.29GHz.

The 1090T is stock clocked at 3.2GHz and LN2 cooling was used to keep the six cores from burning a hole in the carpet. Interestingly, Luca used an Arsrock 890GX board and 1GB of Kingston memory to pull off this impressive feat.

You can check out the CPU-Z validation here.

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Fudzilla - AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 BE overclocked to 6.29GHz

let the AMD fanbabies pass stupid comments and be happy man its not worth the headache. AMD has been taking it in the ass for so long from Intel its only natural that their fanboi's fight back like this lol.

Also its not very impressive now that i think about it. Ppl have been running 3D benches with i7's at around 6ghz. Just booting it in at that speed isnt too impressive , maybe for an AMD chip it is :p

Zloyd said:
let the AMD fanbabies pass stupid comments and be happy man its not worth the headache. AMD has been taking it in the ass for so long from Intel its only natural that their fanboi's fight back like this lol.

Also its not very impressive now that i think about it. Ppl have been running 3D benches with i7's at around 6ghz. Just booting it in at that speed isnt too impressive , maybe for an AMD chip it is :p

There we go , an Intel fanboy feeling the heat. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen :p

I told you many times earlier , never ever talk about anything you don't know fully .

I expected you to make your noobish comments .

Lets see how Intel can give a 6 core processor in 10k-15k . And i guess you need to get your eyes checked . AMD's 6 core Thurban has rocked Intel's Core i5 , Core i7 lenup so badly that Core i7 920 is gonna have to drop to 10k-11k pretty soon .

Intel's Core i5 and Core i7 lineup are expecting huge price drops in the coming 2 months as they can't match up to AMD's 6 Core Thurban

I myself use Core i5 750 but let me tell you this basking in glory is one thing and being dumbfunded by false glory is another thing

I myself will buy Phenom II x6 pretty soon .

Anubis said:
There we go , an Intel fanboy feeling the heat. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen :p

I told you many times earlier , never ever talk about anything you don't know fully .

Lets see how Intel can give a 6 core processor in 10k-15k . And i guess you need to get your eyes checked . AMD's 6 core Thurban has rocked Intel's Core i5 , Core i7 lenup so badly that Core i7 920 is gonna have to drop to 10k-11k pretty soon .

Intel's Core i5 and Core i7 lineup are expecting huge price drops in the coming 2 months as they can't match up to AMD's 6 Core Thurban

I myself use Core i5 750 but let me tell you this basking in glory is one thing and being dumbfunded by false glory is another thing

Hmm, I am also waiting to see how the Phenom II x6 fares (considering I have been waiting for affordable octa cores), but I don't agree with what you said.

If you are saying that Intel will reduce prices just because Thurban has 6 Cores, then sorry It doesn't work that way. There are not many dependable reviews out till now, but from one of the review links posted in the other Thurban thread, the reviewer indicates that X6 1055T has roughly comparable performance to Core i7 860 in cinebench. If thats a sane indication of X6 performance, then I would say that these processors are just catching up to the lower range Core i7's with those two extra cores just like Phenom II X4's caught up to C2Q's with extra clocks.

If a quad core i7 has comparable or better performance than X6 at the same clock and similar price point, then why would Intel want to reduce prices. Intel may still reduce prices to eat into AMD's market, but they would not reduce prices for technical reasons unless X6 proves to be considerably more powerful for the same price point.

Other than that the main advantage AMD has on its side is relatively cheaper high end motherboards.

soumalidon said:
people should jus buy what they like instead of fighting like babies about whats better... things always keep changing...

people should just buy whats better than than arguing in favor of what they like. :p

Anubis said:

Wow it took AMD a year and a half to match Intel, that too they took 2 more physical cores, and its not even a clear cut victory. Infact for 99% of applications i think the i7 is still ahead its only in select synthetic benchmarks that the AMD is superior.(Shit !! that must have really scared Intel huh ?)

The 6 core is really only beneficial for those apps that like lots of cores like video rendering etc. (does anyone remember all the amd fanbabies crying about buying quad cores coz applications are badly optimized) I dont think this will be a gamers weapon of choice unless ofcourse its an AMD fanbaby but i think even in gaming its not that behind the i7, dammit i saw a review with numbers a few days ago seems it was taken down or something.

This is gonna be their fastest chip by the looks of it and its gonna cost 200$~ 6 cores for that price is very impressive indeed and if it gets i7 prices down YAY !!

But at those prices you have to wonder if AMD is making any money, it looks to me they are still a way behind intel and are gonna have to stay bent over for a while yet.

Thanks for the laughs !!

Lord Nemesis said:
Hmm, I am also waiting to see how the Phenom II x6 fares (considering I have been waiting for affordable octa cores), but I don't agree with what you said.

If you are saying that Intel will reduce prices just because Thurban has 6 Cores, then sorry It doesn't work that way. There are not many dependable reviews out till now, but from one of the review links posted in the other Thurban thread, the reviewer indicates that X6 1055T has roughly comparable performance to Core i7 860 in cinebench. If thats a sane indication of X6 performance, then I would say that these processors are just catching up to the lower range Core i7's with those two extra cores just like Phenom II X4's caught up to C2Q's with extra clocks.

If a quad core i7 has comparable or better performance than X6 at the same clock and similar price point, then why would Intel want to reduce prices. Intel may still reduce prices to eat into AMD's market, but they would not reduce prices for technical reasons unless X6 proves to be considerably more powerful for the same price point.

Other than that the main advantage AMD has on its side is relatively cheaper high end motherboards.

people should just buy whats better than than arguing in favor of what they like. :p
well put man!! i was going to build a rig for rendering. till now i had no other option but to build an i7 rig. but now with the thuban's in the picture, i might have more options.

from the reviews floating around the internet, the Phenom2 x6 1090t barely manages to beat the i7 860 in multi-threaded benchmarks. but what remains to be seen is overclockablity. everyone knows the i7s are monster overclockers that can easily go 4ghz or more on air. this gives them a very good performance edge. i cant say the same thing about the phenom 2 x6, since they are more cores on the same 45nm die. but since they aren't out as of yet, its all speculative.

the i7 860 sells for around 290$ while the 1090t will sell around 320$.so dont go around expecting a huge price cut on an i7. especially something like 10-11k, coz thats highly unlikely. :no:

hardcore enthusiasts might still prefer an i7 mainly because of the newer architecture, tri-channel memory and the 16x pci-e lanes. me- i'll be hoping to buy hexacore, pair it with a 6k mobo and decrease my crappy render times. :bleh:

and as for the thread topic, i dont think intel should be worried about how the x6's overclock on ln2, but hats off to whoever pulled it off. :clap::clap:

targetblimp said:
well put man!! i was going to build a rig for rendering. till now i had no other option but to build an i7 rig. but now with the thuban's in the picture, i might have more options.

from the reviews floating around the internet, the Phenom2 x6 1090t barely manages to beat the i7 860 in multi-threaded benchmarks. but what remains to be seen is overclockablity. everyone knows the i7s are monster overclockers that can easily go 4ghz or more on air. this gives them a very good performance edge. i cant say the same thing about the phenom 2 x6, since they are more cores on the same 45nm die. but since they aren't out as of yet, its all speculative.

the i7 860 sells for around 290$ while the 1090t will sell around 320$.so dont go around expecting a huge price cut on an i7. especially something like 10-11k, coz thats highly unlikely. :no:

hardcore enthusiasts might still prefer an i7 mainly because of the newer architecture, tri-channel memory and the 16x pci-e lanes. me- i'll be hoping to buy hexacore, pair it with a 6k mobo and decrease my crappy render times. :bleh:

and as for the thread topic, i dont think intel should be worried about how the x6's overclock on ln2, but hats off to whoever pulled it off. :clap::clap:

A little correction my friend Phenom II x6 1055T barely manages to beat Core i7 860 not Phenom II x6 1090T

2.8GHz Phenom II X6 1055T will sell for $240 but 3.2GHz Pheno II x6 1090T will sell for a rather tempting price of $318

See where the competition is

10k vs 15k

Zloyd said:
Wow it took AMD a year and a half to match Intel, that too they took 2 more physical cores, and its not even a clear cut victory. Infact for 99% of applications i think the i7 is still ahead its only in select synthetic benchmarks that the AMD is superior.(Shit !! that must have really scared Intel huh ?)

The 6 core is really only beneficial for those apps that like lots of cores like video rendering etc. (does anyone remember all the amd fanbabies crying about buying quad cores coz applications are badly optimized) I dont think this will be a gamers weapon of choice unless ofcourse its an AMD fanbaby but i think even in gaming its not that behind the i7, dammit i saw a review with numbers a few days ago seems it was taken down or something.

This is gonna be their fastest chip by the looks of it and its gonna cost 200$~ 6 cores for that price is very impressive indeed and if it gets i7 prices down YAY !!

But at those prices you have to wonder if AMD is making any money, it looks to me they are still a way behind intel and are gonna have to stay bent over for a while yet.

Thanks for the laughs !!

Thats pretty far fetched don't you think? Intel and AMD were in the opposite situation not too long back during the Pentium 4 and Pentium Dual Core era. AMD CPU's clocked at 1.8 GHz were out performing Intel ones clocked at 3 GHz+ and their entire Dual Core line was a joke compared to AMD's Dual core X2's. It took a very long time and two architecture changes for Intel to surpass AMD with the Core 2 line. Who's to say that kind of thing won't happen again.

As for usability of a Hex Core, There are number of people like me waiting for Octa cores and I am not talking about video rendering either. Even the VC++ compiler can max out a quad or more cores during compilation. Even multi tasking capability gets a boost with extra cores. So people can definitely make use of the extra cores regardless of whether its from AMD or Intel.

About price, if AMD is ready to sell a new proccy at low prices, rest assured they are making enough money from the sales. You don't need to worry about AMD on that front.

Most people buy CPU's based on whats offering the best value for money, not because its made by Intel or AMD. if X6 offers better value for money then people will buy it. Its alright to speculate about whether AMD has a winner on its hands or not, but please, enough with the fanboyish bs already.

No , please read carefully he clearly says it just about manages in MUTI THREADED BENCHMARKS (Or benchmarks that like more cores)

Ofcourse you dont understand what that really means which is consistent with your inability to read properly and posting nonsense and being rude.

@ Lord N

Yup im sure the performance crown swings both ways and id buy whatever performs best and I can play around with it a bit (should oc decently)

Its not that far fetched really when did the Q9xxx series release ? A LONG time ago and how long did it take for AMD to have something even compare able ? Even now they dont really have a quad core that would make someone sitting on the now old LGA775 socket change to an AMD quad core.

I did think i went a little over the top to take the piss outta anoobish sorta ppl who really talk through the wrong hole online, but if you think about it its true.

It took AMD this long 2 extra cores to get close to the i7.

^^ I am saying its far fetched to assume AMD would never be able to topple Intel again. They have done it during the P4 and Dual Core era as I said and maintained their domination for quite a long while without any decent competition from Intel to the point that they were able to price their X2's uber high. Intel currently has the domination, but its not as clear cut as AMD had in its days. So theres no saying whats going to happen in the future.

Lol I only say that to piss off the fanbabies :p

But it doesnt look like they are gonna anytime soon. Intel will need a really bad gen and AMD a really good one to close the gap.

Zloyd said:
No , please read carefully he clearly says it just about manages in MUTI THREADED BENCHMARKS (Or benchmarks that like more cores)

Ofcourse you dont understand what that really means which is consistent with your inability to read properly and posting nonsense and being rude.

@ Lord N

Yup im sure the performance crown swings both ways and id buy whatever performs best and I can play around with it a bit (should oc decently)

Its not that far fetched really when did the Q9xxx series release ? A LONG time ago and how long did it take for AMD to have something even compare able ? Even now they dont really have a quad core that would make someone sitting on the now old LGA775 socket change to an AMD quad core.

I did think i went a little over the top to take the piss outta anoobish sorta ppl who really talk through the wrong hole online, but if you think about it its true.

It took AMD this long 2 extra cores to get close to the i7.

Look enough with your noobish comments and fanboyism. You don't know the first thing about value for money and you start basking in Intel's glory

I told you once , I told enough times I like Intel more than AMD but I believe in Value for Money a lot more than fanboyism

Zloyd said:
Lol I only say that to piss off the fanbabies :p

But it doesnt look like they are gonna anytime soon. Intel will need a really bad gen and AMD a really good one to close the gap.

The gap is not that huge for AMD . Its not a clearcut win

First learn what is a Value for money CPU then bask in Intel's glory

Back