OC & Modding AMD Phenom IIs can be unlocked to ES with unlocked multi's and vcore !

Check out this link from ocinside.de, one of my fave sites for amd hard mods and tricks:
OverClocked inside - Redaktion ocinside.de PC hardware page

On a 790GX based mobo, the guys discovered this amazing trick to essentially convert a Phenom II X3 710 processor to a Phenom II X4 Engineering Sample with 4 cores, Vcore selection and unlocked multi along with the extra L3 cache!

Besides the already well known ACC trick, if you follow this procedure by tinkering with the "BSP only" L3 cache allocation in the correct sequence, you may be able to pull this off on your Phenom II!

Phenomenal!

Post if you are successful (or not) with your Phenom II along with your rig specs, bios version and processor stepping if possible.

I doubt they would do anything about it than release a new bios unless they come up with something to defeat i5 which is unlikely :)

The multiplier unlock only lasts till the next reboot but I guess since they have found a workaround for the multiplier unlock, a pin mod / mod bios would follow.

Back