CPU/Mobo AMD Price cuts?

Will varify with my hw dealer whether the price-cuts have started to reflect in city as well.

[OT] @hunt3r : Don't know really how good is a oc'ed 3000 compared to oce'd 3500+. Since I don't know $hit abt oc'ing rith now :p Thinking of 3500 only coz its more affordable now :p I think I shd head to the OC section and start reading a lot of tutes :) [/OT]

Argus said:
Will varify with my hw dealer whether the price-cuts have started to reflect in city as well.

[OT] @hunt3r : Don't know really how good is a oc'ed 3000 compared to oce'd 3500+. Since I don't know $hit abt oc'ing rith now :p Thinking of 3500 only coz its more affordable now :p I think I shd head to the OC section and start reading a lot of tutes :) [/OT]
OC is nothing but changing some values in BIOS
values like FSB
DDR FSB

tats it :cool2:

invisiblex said:
OC is nothing but changing some values in BIOS
values like FSB
DDR FSB

tats it :cool2:
:O
Right said Fred- next the cpu, mobo, gpu and God only knows what is Dead!!:Comp9: :Comp2:

You maybe a pro at OCing but please be careful while advising others to do the same without knowing the right way or without proper guidance!!:cool2:

It can be disastrous if some super noob like me fiddles with SOME values in BIOS!!:rofl:

best buy: amd 3000 64bit venice, overclock it to 2.5-2.8ghz if you need.
if you want the next big thing then go for opteron 144
something higher is opteron 165 dual core
opteron ocs really well, right?

if you want anything higher, than take a 3000 venice and overclock it, and later go for conroe.

Price drops are confirmed everywhere. Thge 3500+ is selling for 6.7k. Opty prices havent changed though, the Opty 144 is still selling for > 8k. No sense buying an Opty now with the Venice cores going for so less. The 3200+ with the 10X multi is looking sweet at 5.5k

I checked the prices at Nehru Place:

Their Prices on 22/6/2006 were:

A64 3000+ -> Rs. 5000/-

A64 3200+ -> Rs. 6500/-

A64 3500+ -> Rs. 8700/-

RAM prices are also going high:

Kingston 512 MB 400 MHz RAM -> Rs. 2260/-

Corsair Value Select 512MB 400 MHz RAM -> Rs. 2550/-

These prices were obtained from Computer Empire, Nehru Place, New Delhi : The most popular shop in Nehru Place. It was very shocking to see their prices so high after Deltapage.com slashed their prices.

Back