AMD Ryzen 5 9600X and Ryzen 7 9700X review roundup : All hail the efficiency kings

Why? You need to erase entire firmware and patch new clean firmware.
ah, I just saw the above comment, I was quoting a news article I read and the subsequent reddit thread on it but my point still stands, how many will have the tech know-how to do it and most importantly should we be even expected to do it?

ah, I just saw the above comment, I was quoting a news article I read and the subsequent reddit thread on it but my point still stands, how many will have the tech know-how to do it and most importantly should we be even expected to do it?
I am just saying that there is no need to discard, that this article was exaggerating things. Like others said, if one did not even know that kernel was already compromised, they were ****ed already. They won’t even know that firmware too is compromised unless they see some really wierd things.

HUB Re-tested and with Max PBO: Nothing changed.

Zen 5 power efficient ? Not true.
Performance Improvement with unlimited powaa ? Not always true.
800 Series Mobo/BIOS Updates ? It won't change anything.

You're basically getting Zen 5 version of the 65W 7700 without the cooler at higher price.

7950X3D was selling for 71k before coming down to 53k. Give the 9xxx series 6 months and the prices will stabilize. It could be more given the ****up Intel is in.

The 9950X is an even bigger disappointment. Barely 1-2% faster than the 7950X, at the same power efficiency. PBO does nothing. Zero redeeming factors for this chip, period. Only hope is the X3D part. Even that will likely just match the 7800X3D.

GN's video highlights the AVX improvements to a degree but still concludes that the 7950X is the ultimate better value and buy. The 9950X makes sense if you're building from scratch for a workstation, and the price drops slightly.

Last edited:
Intel: "Sure, our 13th and 14th gen CPUs might run a bit hot—some might say they're just too electrifying. But don’t worry, the future’s bright… just maybe not as bright as those power bills!"

AMD: "We’ve been dodging vulnerabilities since 2006 like Neo in The Matrix, but then came Ryzen—3xxx and 5xxx took the world by storm, and 7xxx? That was our magnum opus. But then we thought we were NVIDIA, and well… the 9xxx series turned out to be the kind of fireworks show you remember, but not for the right reasons."

So there goes my shot to upgrade to 9xxx CPU from AMD. Maybe I'll stick to 14700KF till it dies like Logan.

@MODS Please remove the "Efficiency Kings" from the thread title. Its makes no sense.

Also this:
Zen 5” CPUs To Receive New “105W” TDP In AGESA 1.2.0.1a BIOS Update
Ha Ha Lol GIF by Utah Jazz

While Intel is busy trying to shoot itself in the head, AMD is hurriedly snatching that gun and shooting themselves in the foot...

apple is smirking with their own chips, snapdragon is salivating at the opportunity, Jensen is regretting not putting those CPU dreams into action much faster so that he could have made nvidia a zillion dollar company....

Back