Budget 21-30k Amd Ryzen 5 Laptop Around 30k

malhotraraul

Skilled
Friends,

need to give it to a kid in my family for online studies & mild gaming for around 30k
I am looking for one where I can upgrade ram or ssd so even if it has 4gb ram or normal hdd, its still fine because it can be upgraded / replaced but minimum GPU should be 4gb
I am searching but it results in having fixed rams or maybe I am not able to filter it out properly

Thanks

has i7 6 gen with nvidia 960m 4 gb 8 gb ddr4 480 gb ssd and 15.6 ips display asus model for 31k with shipment pm me if your are interested it

Friends,

need to give it to a kid in my family for online studies & mild gaming for around 30k
I am looking for one where I can upgrade ram or ssd so even if it has 4gb ram or normal hdd, its still fine because it can be upgraded / replaced but minimum GPU should be 4gb
I am searching but it results in having fixed rams or maybe I am not able to filter it out properly

Thanks
What you're looking for does not exist. Either increase your budget or bring your criteria in line with reality. 30k buys you, at best, a Netbook-class laptop, discrete GPUs are out of the question.

Last edited:
Friends,

Thanks

Your best bet within the budget :

https://www.amazon.in/HP-14-inch-5-...dchild=1&keywords=3500u&qid=1606437486&sr=8-1
Highly recommended, meets all your criteria except Discrete Gpu which as Amein has pointed out above is simply not a thing at this price point. (The minimum you will need for a full-fat gaming laptop almost never comes down below 45K, will link a suitable option below). Also, I have had a cheaper variant of the 245 G7 line from HP before (an R3 2200U laptop), I can vouch for it's solid built and overall nice finish. In other words, it's not flimsy and scary to hold. This is relevant as the next product I recommend is reportedly scary thin (according to the comment section).

This one is not upgradeable but is 200gm lighter with a smaller footprint than the HP model above. Probably throttles more however I wouldn't know without precise testing. Also has a higher-res display (Full HD) and possibly body integrity/resilience issues long term based on user comments as I said above.

With the 3500u you can look at 8th gen gaming with lower settings and possibly making use of the ryzen controller utility (might void warranty though idk) to overclock iGPU infinity fabric clocks and wattage. I have seen videos where with the increased wattage and clocks you get 50-100% GPU performance boost (also obviously with cooling pads and such to manage the heat). Not making any recommendations just giving you the lay of the land.

Another HP variant which can save a few bucks for you but I wouldn't recommend foregoing the option above for just a couple of grand saved :

Finally, I am linking a few DPGU options you have,

Stuff like this, with an mx130/mx150 at around 40K, not very good, just about equivalent or slightly slower to the R5 3500u Above. Plus lower end intel 8th gen CPU's are actually slower than the 3500U, especially In Multi-core. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-8250U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3500U/3042vs3421

1050 DGPU at 45K, a real solid option and a decent step above the MX130 but not worth it IMO. Too close in price to better options to settle for 1050 which is only around 30-50% faster than the mx130.

1650 at 47K. This finally IMO is worth it if one wants a 4GB laptop GPU capable of substantial 8th gen gaming at higher settings. Plus the next step up doesn't happen for many tens of thousands (70-85K) so it's a good place to hang your hat.

I recommend the first laptop and the rest are available as options if the Discrete GPU part is non-negotiable.

I've purchased the avita pura in the recent flipkart sale for about 26k .
Some ryzen 5 , 8 gb ram 512gb ssd .
Average build quality but a good full HD screen .
It serves my purpose of browsing . I don't play games at all .
Model NS14A6 INV561-MEGYB .

Last edited:
I've purchased the avita pura in the recent flipkart sale for about 26k .
Some ryzen 5 , 8 gb ram 512gb ssd .
Average build quality but a good full HD screen .
It serves my purpose of browsing . I don't play games at all .
gaming as in what games will a 10 year old play, can you please share model number

Ryzen 5 3500U with 8GB ram and 512GB SSD. Avitapura. Seems a bit flimsy though. 2 years warranty.

gaming as in what games will a 10 year old play, can you please share model number
I linked Avita Pura in my post at 2gud.com which sells basically new devices at relatively lower prices along with used ones. In the sale on Flipkart it was as low as 27K (usually 32-33K or even higher) and on 2gud it very frequently comes down to 28K without any special occasion (29.4K right now). I wouldn't recommend buying without a price drop unless urgent. Keep watch on 2 Gud it comes down now and then.

I linked Avita Pura in my post at 2gud.com which sells basically new devices at relatively lower prices along with used ones. In the sale on Flipkart it was as low as 27K (usually 32-33K or even higher) and on 2gud it very frequently comes down to 28K without any special occasion (29.4K right now). I wouldn't recommend buying without a price drop unless urgent. Keep watch on 2 Gud it comes down now and then.
noted

The refurbished laptops at 2Gud.com are they any good or is there any risk of it failing in a short period.?
I don't think any of it would quickly fail and even if it did, the return policy and process is not likely to be poorer than Flipkart though I imagine more logistical hiccups are possible. They provide warranty ranging from 6 months to a year so the recourse is theoretically there.

Back