CPU/Mobo AMD Sempron 140 - Is it really unlocked

flexman

Disciple
I recently bought an economical rig with AMD Sempron 140 and MSI 740GM-P25.

I turned on ACC in the BIOS and the processor shows up as AMD Athlon II X2 4400e Processor and shows 2 cores and 2 threads in CPU-Z.

However, when I run Windows Experience Index in Win 7, the score for the processor is 6.1 whether as Sempron 140 (ACC off) or as Athlon II X2 4400e (ACC on)? I would have expected the score for the processor to increase from 6.1 if the processor was really unlocked.:huh: Or am I missing something? Is the processor really a dual core after unlocking? Grateful for your help/advice guys.

i believe an unlocked sempron will not get u the 6.1 score... so most likely its unlocked... congrats

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i meant a LOCKED sempron wont get u 6.1...

Thanks for all the replies.

Surprisingly, the locked and unlocked give a score of 6.1 for the CPU in Windows Index (with ACC turned off and with ACC turned on). I confirmed with CPU-Z. With ACC turned off, it shows as AMD Sempron 140 with 1 core and 1 thread and with ACC turned on, it shows as stated above (X2 4400e, 2 cores etc.) In both cases I get the same score. Hence the query... I wasn't sure how an unlocked CPU would give the same score as a locked (single core) CPU.

Yup its unlocked:). Congrats.

Don't just go on win7 score. Do some other benches which can signify the difference. Use some realtime apps like games etc

i have 1 query, i got a sempron 140 & biostar a785ge, i turned ACC auto, the sempron gets unlocked to athlon x2 4400e after post but Windows 7 is not loading at all, only a blank screen appears, but if keep it locked as sempron then windows 7 boots fine.

i ran memtest via usb & with sempron unlocked to athlon x2 4400e the test runs fine, but ram freq is shown as 0 mhz

so what is the problem causing this, is core unstable or defective?
are there any vcore or NB voltage increment reqd for that extra core to be stable

Back