CPU/Mobo AMD Sempron 3000+ for Socket 939 Review

:rofl: !!! Sunny's really fazed out these days, too much of Trance ? :p

As for the proccy, nice inclusion, though it will kill if its priced at 5k in India.

OC'es pretty well too :eek:hyeah: and performs just a tad lower than the A64 3000+

This is a real suprise.. But unless price under 5k or somethin like Anish mentioned i would still go for the A64 3000+..:D

idle consumption is very low due to cool and quite .... but still even in burn case power consumptions is very low than celeron D ...

This proccy will rock if its priced around 5k.

Sempron 64-bit 3000+ and Winfast NF4Ultra mobo will give a comprehensive solution for power users on a budget.

well it will be priced around 5K for sure looking at the prices of current semprons and A64 3000+.

In the us the difference between A64 and sempron 3000+ is $55. So we can expect difference of atleast 2K here, even more.

It looks like a really nice processor for me. I am sure this will change mind of lots of people looking for cheap upgrades. :D

^^ Exactly ! This proccy looks really sweet to me.

Some aggresive marketing by AMD should definately do the trick for 'em ;)

AMD atlon 64 2800+ 754 is also priced for 5000. But since this is based on 939, it would have future upgrade option, dual channel memory. what is the advantage over 2800+ other than those two???

When will this be available in india??

Hmm, good question.

Reading the review, it trails the A64 3000+ very closely so this definately should perform better.

Also since its S939, it'll offer PCIe and Dual-Channel RAM as you stated...

saiyan said:
AMD atlon 64 2800+ 754 is also priced for 5000. But since this is based on 939, it would have future upgrade option, dual channel memory. what is the advantage over 2800+ other than those two???
When will this be available in india??

Also lesser heat and lower power consumption + more overclockability :)

funkymonkey said:
well it will be priced around 5K for sure looking at the prices of current semprons and A64 3000+.
In the us the difference between A64 and sempron 3000+ is $55. So we can expect difference of atleast 2K here, even more.
It looks like a really nice processor for me. I am sure this will change mind of lots of people looking for cheap upgrades. :D

yeah but if difference is less than 1000 then a full amd 64 will be better :cool2:

Well yes, because it has only 128KB L2 cache and operates at 1.35-1.4V Vcore as compared to the 512KB L2 cache of the A64 3000+.

Nevertheless, it will satisfy gamers on a budget and should prove to be a bottleneck for a 6600GT or a X800GTO atleast.

But, by the time it is available in India (Jan, as per reports) prices of A64 3000+ could come down again..

Maybe we can wait for a Sempron 3200+ then..;)

But, by the time it is available in India (Jan, as per reports) prices of A64 3000+ could come down again..

Where was Jan indicated ? :huh:

The Indian hardware market usually tends to bring in Value processors pretty quickly. For example, Sempron 64 for the Socket 754 platform landed up here almost simultaneously at the time it was available in the US market.

Im Still waiting for the day when there is an AMD solution where sempron+NF4 mobo is less than 6000/- so as to compete with the Celeron/intel 845 combo which grasps maximum market share in the corporate sector. AMD is good option & they proved better than P4 for a considerably Long time but the costs still remain high enough as per the enthusiast level. Corporate nodes for basic office work ask for budget PC's & the quantity really asks for cheaper alternatives.

A P4 2.66+gigabyte 915 based mobo is as low as 8000/- bucks with onboard gfx but a minimum Amd64 + RS480 is not less than 12000. Im also looking forward for the C51 chipset with integrated GFX fron Nvidia for cheaper alternatives,afterall, 75% PC's are not used for gaming at all

Back