AMD surpasses Intel's market cap for the first time ever

It's unbelievable how AMD has managed to dethrone intel when thinking they were very close to filing for bankruptcy prior to Lisa being handed the helms.
Although it's a good news, it only accounting PC assemblers like us of Germany. If you count system builders like HP, Dell, include laptops, office PCs, servers etc then Intel is leading by a big margin.

However, we do have to remember that Intel is the larger company by far and commands ~75% of the overall x86 market share. Intel also generates far more revenue and profit per year than AMD and is coming off its sixth year of record revenue. That's not to mention that the firm makes its own chips and owns a global network of fabs, whereas AMD designs chips and outsources production.
^that's money in the bank for a long time

Taken in context, AMD's valuation signals that the market generally has more optimism about the firm's growth prospects than Intel's.
That's all this news amounts to.

I am rather happy that the cat fight between the processors manufacturers continues, coz indirectly we end consumers are benefiting , rightly said by peer forum member as one of the keynotes were higher performance cores with relative pricing to AMD counterparts by intel .
I mean first thing that comes to my mind is i5 12400f , even i3 for that matter have such great value ....and moreover ryzen new architecture is just around the corner.
Its gonna be a win - win situation:cool: * !

* PS: Provided whole silicon chip shortage and banters across industry flow of market manipulation doesnt take place. :confused:

Back