CPU/Mobo AMD to introduce Cheaper Dual-core cpu's.

deejay

Skilled
X86-secret is reporting (in French, bring a translator) that AMD will add not one, but two cheaper Athlon 64 X2 processors to its dual-core lineup. The Athlon 64 X2 4000+ and 3800+ will apparently both be clocked at 2.0GHz, with the former featuring 1MB of L2 cache per core, and the latter 512KB of L2 cache. It's expected that the X2 3800+ will sell for around $345, but there's no word on pricing for the X2 4000+, which will presumably be more expensive.
Source: Techreport.com

^^ I agree with Undertaker. $200 is the ideal price for a CPU, that way you can upgrade very 2-3 years. Thats why I believe we see more A64 3000's than 3200's

undertaker said:
$345 is still too much for a cpu.They need to hit the $200 mark b4 really catching on.
Who would not like to get DC cpu's for under $200.;)

even if it were rated 3000+ speeds.
But you have to think about it in their business model.
For if they indeed do introduce the 3000+ DC chips for around $200 now, then who would purchase their current cash cow of winniee's, Venice's , SD's etc....:huh:
perhaps when a year from now when they phase out the current chips and we have software (& Games) to take advantage of DC chips then we may see cheaper , entry level dc cpu's.....(Hopefully sooner ....)

The guy who thinks this is cheap must eat at a 5 star hotel buffet everyday.
"Less expensive" would have been a more appropriate description/translation.

deejay said:
Who would not like to get DC cpu's for under $200.;)
even if it were rated 3000+ speeds.
But you have to think about it in their business model.
For if they indeed do introduce the 3000+ DC chips for around $200 now, then who would purchase their current cash cow of winniee's, Venice's , SD's etc....:huh:
perhaps when a year from now when they phase out the current chips and we have software (& Games) to take advantage of DC chips then we may see cheaper , entry level dc cpu's.....(Hopefully sooner ....)

I quite agree with DJ..and moreover..the prices are since the manufacturing facilities for AMD are limited...they cant manage the supply-Demand pressure if they introduce DC chips at lower prices at present ;)

Back