CPU/Mobo AMD's new series of processors

AMD has launched three new processors. They are:-

1. Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition - 3.3 GHz base and 3.7 GHz Turbo Core ~ Rs.12000

2. Phenom II X2 565 Black Edition - 3.4 GHz ~ Rs.5200

3. Athlon II X3 455 - 3.3 GHz ~ Rs.3900

Among them, the most interesting is the X6 1100T. Check out the reviews - Guru3d | TechSpot | LegitReviews .

The Phenom II X6 1100T is based on the AM3 socket, supporting DDR3 and DDR2 memory on older AM2+ motherboards.

It carries a nominal clock speed of 3.30 GHz, is based on the 45 nm "Thuban" silicon, features 512 KB of L2 cache per core, and 6 MB of L3 between all six cores. It features the TurboCore technology, which bumps clock speed by a few hundred MHz when it senses high load. As a Black Edition chip, it features an unlocked bus multiplier. Despite its increased clock speed, the 1100T has a TDP of 125W.

Surprising it is next to Core i7 975, and beats all the other i7's.

Hmm, I think they have revised Turbo Core technology and increased the memory bandwidth.

Nice comeback by AMD, I must stay. :p

Nice but I don't know why they bothered revising Turbo Core. Most of the hard-core users generally deactivate Turbo Core the moment they start OC'ing :p

I also hope they revise the Stock cooler. The current cooler can't handle any of the 125W X6s on stock cooling and stock voltage :(

Well, lets see.

BTW, is there any point in releasing more x2s and x3s when they already had saturated the market? Especially when Athlon x4s are so cheap.

neojjjk said:
Dual core is enough for running all types of games and applications ...
And here we have the next Bill "640k is enough for all" Gates :D

I have a quad and want MOAR MOAR MOAR threads in my box!

neojjjk said:
Dual core is enough for running all types of games and applications ...
Now that is called naivety. Why don't you settle for 640k RAM or a 5MHz 8 Bit CPU or better still not have a computer at all since the entire world needs not more than 5 computers?

I can make a Mac Pro configured with 8 cores @ 2.83Ghz (2 x Quad Core Xeon) and 8GB RAM come to a crawl. Just because you don't feel the need for more than a Dual Core does not mean its enough for everyone else as well.

This CPU is comparable to a Core i7 950/960/875K OR 860/930 @ ~3.5GHz

There is absolutely no point in upgrading to anything less than a Core i7 980X if you have any Core i7 or even Core i5 750 and above.

its a very confusing time for anyone looking to upgrade/get a new system. everything will change pretty soon with amd's launch of the next gen batch of cpus alongwith intel's upcoming sandy-bridge.

Actually, not everybody overclocks their processor, so for them this speed bump is welcome. I think AMD are launching slow improvements products while they iron out Bulldozer. For the first time AMD will make full architectural changes since 2003. Till now AMD was just making evolutionary changes for surviving the fight. This time they'll be developing a processor completely from scratch. And so they will need every single Mhz they have when Sandy Bridge comes out in January, but their answer being about half a year away.

BTW, several review sites got this processor up to 4.1 Ghz, and 4.5 Ghz when TurboCore kicks in. :p

Back