Americans are hard to believe

akiso

Disciple
It is hard to believe that President Obama, during his election campaign said that Pakistan have used all the money aid from US to strengthen its army for war against India, but yesterday his new administration is willing to increase the money aid to $1.5billion per year and acknowledges Pak effort for terrorism.

This is sucking news that Hillary made :mad:

Instead of asking the Pak to handover the militants to India they have just gone one step away from India. India without the backing of US will be in no-mans-lands. As Pak will continue to ignore the proof submitted by India for 26/11. I don't know how much +ve will this new US administration be for India, also in the pipeline there will be some cut in outsourcing work which are mostly done in India.

It seems that US have different policy for any terrorism act in their own country and for terrosism in other country. Had the 26/11 happened in US they would have gone all out. But look what they are doing with us. Its time we should strengthen our relation with our old friend Russia.

I Pray God that the Land of God, will be God of World One day.

What goes around comes around. This will come to haunt US some years down the line when the lives of innocent americans will be targeted by some pakistani jehadi group. Then India will be in a position to say to the US : "We told you so".

I'm not against US or other countries. Its the Indian govt. fault for not taking a hardline approach to counter terrorism on their own. The politicians are just chicken here. Indian govt always happy to please other first world countries that dont give a damn to indias terrorism troubles (why should they anyway?)

well i believe US only cares for itself...US call itself the leader of free world but all it had done is to keep itself rich and secure...i had once read somewhere that US dont want Euro or some other currency to become strong as it would basically make petroleum products expansive for US as of now all US have to do is to print more dollars to buy petroleum products or other commodities...it attacked Iraq to keep the oil cheaper for itself...if it had been North Korea i would have understand but a country like Iraq which dont have enough to feed its poor developing nuclear weapons...thats too near israle which can anytime destroy those installations and have better intelligence then US in that area not even participating in those attacks...in short we would see such policies from US again and again...we are not of any importance to them atm...they are more dependent to China and Pakistan then on us

In the war of Mahabharata, Krishna & Pandavas tried to first avoid the war by asking politely to the kauravas. Same situation is happening with India's stand right now:

i) Pressurize " porkistan " diplomatically & other things like trade ban, ban of cultural ties & more.

When all the options are exhausted then India will be going for the last option i.e. "War".

I personally feel that " porkistan " till today had not done any kind of act that would please India. So India will have to opt for the last option sooner or later.

I also feel that Manmohan Singh impotent govt. is trying to time pass as they have not much days left to go for their govt. So as their term is coming to an end they don't war with " porkistan " on the fear of loosing Muslim votes even though Muslims too this time speak for war against " porkistan ". The current govt. wants to leave the final option open for the newly elected govt. Till then if Indians are killed in small bombings like those happened in Assam & Malegaon are tolerable to our govt. & also the people of India as there was no protest from the so called Mumbaikars regarding the blasts that happened in Assam & Malegaon. Neither this issue was given much importance by media.

So we Indians have to wait for the new govt. so as to destroy all terrorists camps located in " porkistan " because i am 100% sure that neither " porkistan " is going to destroy them nor US, UK or any other country are going to destroy them. Indian Army is the ultimate solution for those terrorists.

JAI HIND !!!!!!!!!

That's good. We were getting a little too close to USA, distancing ourselves from our traditional friends (you know who).

akiso said:
It is hard to believe that President Obama, during his election campaign said that Pakistan have used all the money aid from US to strengthen its army for war against India, but yesterday his new administration is willing to increase the money aid to $1.5billion per year and acknowledges Pak effort for terrorism.

Its called getting leverage. The money comes with conditionalities. Do this you get this etc. At the moment they are too dependent on the Pak for supplies, the alternatives are only good for contingencies not for regular use.

Would it help if the US had the below picture framed up when dealing to Pakistan ?

mushjehadiqueuelz9.jpg

Yeah, the general is not there right now, but will return shortly. We apologise for the 'democratic' interruption'

akiso said:
Just google yaar, don't u follow news.

Of course you must realize that each country applies it's own weird importance to current events. My mother lives in London, and I live in San Francisco CA... the news we get varies quite a lot.

Meanwhile curt political statements are likely to cause disagreements and although I am English, the USA is where I choose to live.

I get the feeling there are many here that do not care for the USA in general but I can assure that politics in California are completely different from politics in the South.... or the East for that matter and I would like to think that many of you I have made friends with here are intelligent enough not to generalize such a large country.

I find myself surprised that some of you guys are so intolerant as to throw something like this around at a tech site where I have seen people from all over the world. It seems many of you freely choose to come and study and work in this country you are so ready to bash.

One of my best friends here is Palestinian, and another Israeli but they both choose to live here in the USA as do many Indians and Pakistani's, Russian, and many other ethnicities.

Just as your country is Democratic in the way it handles it's politics so is the USA but that does not mean that everyone in the USA agrees with every choice that is made. It means that we all have to be pro-active in our respective countries and vote for the things that we believe in.

No offense was intended in these remarks, but I just wanted to say how surprised I was to see some of these comments.

I am sure that no one here was generalizing all Americans. Even though the American government would try to do best for its people, the Indian government would try to draw the best for its interests. USA might sell Pakistan weapons in order to deal with the terrorists in Afganistan, but some of these weapons would be directed against India, hence the conflict in opinions about the same news. Don't take the posts personally, political views will differ among people :)

To everyone, here is an interesting read for those who have not read already
HindustanTimes-Print

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
Of course you must realize that each country applies it's own weird importance to current events. My mother lives in London, and I live in San Francisco CA... the news we get varies quite a lot.

Meanwhile curt political statements are likely to cause disagreements and although I am English, the USA is where I choose to live.

I get the feeling there are many here that do not care for the USA in general but I can assure that politics in California are completely different from politics in the South.... or the East for that matter and I would like to think that many of you I have made friends with here are intelligent enough not to generalize such a large country.

I find myself surprised that some of you guys are so intolerant as to throw something like this around at a tech site where I have seen people from all over the world. It seems many of you freely choose to come and study and work in this country you are so ready to bash.

One of my best friends here is Palestinian, and another Israeli but they both choose to live here in the USA as do many Indians and Pakistani's, Russian, and many other ethnicities.

Just as your country is Democratic in the way it handles it's politics so is the USA but that does not mean that everyone in the USA agrees with every choice that is made. It means that we all have to be pro-active in our respective countries and vote for the things that we believe in.

No offense was intended in these remarks, but I just wanted to say how surprised I was to see some of these comments.
People always have a tendency to start getting a bit dramatic over sensitive issues mate. Nothing more to the posts.

As for the topic, it is indeed quite ridiculous that Obama has gone back on his strong stand against Pakistan, which did seem like an eventuality if you followed his campaign. People must realize that US aid is just a drop in the pond as far as terrorist finances go. And I'm sure that this time atleast, the $1.5Bn would be monitored well so that it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

I hope our govt. stops treating USA like Mommy/Daddy.
and does its own bit to protect itself.
politicians -> indian or amriican's are bound to brag and make promises.

Back