Audio Amp for headphone

Sackboy

Disciple
I was wondering if buying an amp would help my iPod touch with my ATH M50 , :huh: i was thinking of buying the fiio E5 + a LOD .

:sos::help:
Help

I am in gurgaon :(

do you find a difference in sound while using E5 ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Help ? :help:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

How do I bump the thread ?

E5 will give a slight volume boost. If you increase the volume beyond a point the sound will start to distort. The e5 is not a quality amplification but rather a cheap alternative for more juice than driving something straight outta the player.

Stretch your budget and then we're talking quality ;)

P.s. This is Audiophile land, sorry about your wallet :p

Sackboy said:
I was but when I can get a better audio source itself when I am ready spend more then why take an amp :/
The Clip+ wouldn't drive the M50 properly. You will need an amp.

If you get a entry level DAC like Fiio E7 / uDAC , you won't really need an amp for the M50 as both the DACs have built in headphone amps . Also a good DAC will be the most sensible choice for better SQ .

M50s don't really require a lot of amping . The one's built into entry level DACs is more than sufficient . A Fiio E7 would cost ~3.7-4k I guess .

The first thing to consider is are you happy with the current o/p frm ur headphones , if no then u will need to buy an amp .

I have a e5 and a udac as well , i had first purchased the UDAC for purpose of higher volume from my pc for ad700 , it did indeed provide me higher volume but i did not like the change in sound detailing it provided , now trying it on a Nuforce Udac i would say i am pretty happy with it , it has given a good volume boost and gives good sound detailing as well (by detailing i mean better beats , soundstaging and not to mention the bass in ad700 has gone up as well).So will be disposing of my E5 pretty soon.

Yup my e5 is up for grabs , if you need it drop me a PM

Udac i bought for 2.8k shipped . I feel its worth every penny .

Back