An E-ink based E-reader like Kindle, Nook, Kobo etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

bansal98

Disciple
I am looking to buy an E-ink based e-reader device like Amazon Kindle, BN Nook or Kobo reader etc. Please let me know if you are willing to sell one. I saw a couple of ads for Sony e-readers but will not prefer Sony if I can get one of the more mainstream ones.

Thanks!!

I have a Kindle 3 WiFi+3G purchased on 10th of May, this year (2011)

Details

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon Export Sales, Inc.) :

1 Kindle 3G Wireless Reading... $189.00 1 $189.00

1 New York Times Kindle Cove... $49.99 1 $49.99

Shipped via DHL International

Tracking number: <snipped>

Item Subtotal: $238.99

Shipping and handling: $26.97

Import Fees Deposit: $76.62

Total: $342.58

Paid by Visa: $342.58

Item, which is not an ad-supported special-needs edition, is in pristine (9/10) condition and hasn't seen much use since I bought a tablet a couple months later. Let me know if you're interested.

Reason for a prospective sale: too many devices lying around unused. I still prefer my dead-tree books more, as it would seem.

The e-reader + cover combo will cost you 8500/- + shipping (if not in NCR).

Yamaraj said:
I have a Kindle 3 WiFi+3G purchased on 10th of May, this year (2011)

Thanks Yamaraj. It's a good deal but I am just concerned that Kindle does not support epub natively. I'll have to convert all my ebooks to either mobi or kindle format. So I'll just wait to see if I can get any other offers.

Regards,

Manish.

As you were not interested in Sony Reader so I didn't respond to your query as I had already listed my PRS-600/BC. But as you are looking for multiple format support, I thought that you should know that Sony PRS-600 supports plenty of format out of the Box. :)

Bhutoria_1989 said:
As you were not interested in Sony Reader so I didn't respond to your query as I had already listed my PRS-600/BC. But as you are looking for multiple format support, I thought that you should know that Sony PRS-600 supports plenty of format out of the Box. :)

The problem with this Sony model is that the screen contrast is not very good as it is not using the latest Pearl E-ink display. And it has very little built-in memory. Plus I hate Sony for not using industry-standard SD/SDHC cards.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hahahari said:
@bansal: Its a 2 min conversion. If you JB it, you can read .ePub too :)

JB the Kindle Keyboard edition? I thought that was only for Kindle Fire.

you can jailbreak the kindle keyboard one also and install duokan, which will alllow you to rea epub natively.

Duokan – the alternative Kindle OS – in english – flip's

bansal98 said:
The problem with this Sony model is that the screen contrast is not very good as it is not using the latest Pearl E-ink display. And it has very little built-in memory. Plus I hate Sony for not using industry-standard SD/SDHC cards.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

JB the Kindle Keyboard edition? I thought that was only for Kindle Fire.

I don't know about the e-Ink technology but I didn't find it that uncomfortable. May be because I have used only Sony eReaders.

PRS600 has 2 slots one forSD Card and Other for M2. I have been using 2 Gb SD card since I purchased it.

Am planning to sell my Kindle Keyboard Wifi, Mind condition, recently RMAed with 4 months of warranty(Not exact). Will put up a sales thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back