CPU/Mobo An upgrade (on a budget)

Neotheone

Figuring stuff out
Adept
Hi all !
posting after some time,....so i m concidering an upgrade for a p3 based system,it's 2 sad 2 listen for a gamer,ain't it? well, so i m on a budget of around 14k and need to get a suitable CPU+MOBO+RAM+HDD as well....
for now, i want to postpone the vid card purchase and buy it later.the local vendor has offered 2.5k for my old cpu+mobo+ram and i am happy with ,so that adds up for a free 80gb HDD,doesn't it?

plz suggest as to whether intel or AMD will be better, and yes, a board with pcix would be better......n 512mb transcend...
with the 15' monitor, i m not goinna play above 800X600 so ,maybe a vid card wont matter that much.......

any suggestions ??

AMD 64 3000+ 7.3k

MSI rs480 - 5k (pci-e)

512MB - 2.2k

Comes to roughly 14k..

This is considering that you will get the hdd for the price of your old stuff. The x300 onboard on the rs480 will let you game on 800*600 for most of the games.

Just in case you want to squeeze everything in 14k you will have to go for agp platform and socket 754

AMD64 2800+ - 4.9k

Asus k8v-mx - 3.2k

1Gb ram - 4.4k (getting 512 will save you 2.2k)

80Gb - 2.2k

First deal is around 14.4k and the second one is 14.7k ;)

Although i am not sure if the poster wants to buy processor, ram, mobo, hdd for 14k or just proc,mobo and ram. :huh:

tnx blademaster, the options are good, but what if i choose the intel platform instead ,,
any celeron based choices...?? the market is too pro-intel here and they try to get u to buy one ;) (intel ,that is)

Neotheone said:
tnx blademaster, the options are good, but what if i choose the intel platform instead ,,
any celeron based choices...?? the market is too pro-intel here and they try to get u to buy one ;) (intel ,that is)
Err, Blade_Master :rofl:

Where are you located mate ? And don't worry AMD is THE BEST. No use of asking for Intel configs here cause everybody will recommend AMD. Get what was posted above and you'll be the happiest ;)

Neotheone said:
Well a celery based config would never give the performance given by amd64. Even if the market @ ur place is pro-intel try pushing for a AMD. Btw where are you from mate ?

Blade_Runner said:
AMD 64 3000+ 7.3k
MSI rs480 - 5k (pci-e)
512MB - 2.2k
Comes to roughly 14k..
This is considering that you will get the hdd for the price of your old stuff. The x300 onboard on the rs480 will let you game on 800*600 for most of the games.

Just in case you want to squeeze everything in 14k you will have to go for agp platform and socket 754
AMD64 2800+ - 4.9k
Asus k8v-mx - 3.2k
1Gb ram - 4.4k (getting 512 will save you 2.2k)
80Gb - 2.2k

very nice to reduce cost can also buy sempron in 754 ;)

LOL a celery based system is hopeless for any games, and trust me Intel gfx will be worse then what 3d card you had on your system.

Blade's first choice is the best, get it. AMD is simply put much better option right now.

^ And why would that be necessary? ;)

He has a 10K budget, an Athlon64 fits comfortably into that budget - hence no need to step down to a Sempron 64 !

What would be great though would be a Sempron for Socket 939 :p

Back