Andhra Pradesh CM YSR dies in Chopper crash

damn said:
Three days of state bandh is what I've heard. ):

Have been through such stuffs in my state..best option for u would be too stock plenty of biscuits and milk just b4 sunrise(also imperishable fruits like apple mosambi).......as u wont b able to see shops working...if they do hooligans will damage it

With the death of YSR Reddy, India has lost yet another rising politician to the 'chalta hai' culture. The same culture that makes us happily accept mediocrity in almost every aspect of life. By all accounts, Reddy would have still been around if he, or the aviation wing of the Andhra Pradesh government, had not compromised with the safety aspects.

Owned. I don't know of the death of a political leader will still be enough to improve safety regulations/maintenance systems in that state..or any other. Meanwhile, I hope they are enjoying their holidays in the 3-day "Bandh".

Yeah .... Sad He Is dEAD.....
RIP....And Condolence to his family....

But thanks to him I got a holiday and my exam got postponed.... Atleast one day relief in my hectice schedule of Exams!!!!! ...... lol I am being so rude....

Anyways most Importantly he was a very nice leader,.... Sad...

Shell-shocked by the sudden demise of their beloved leader Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, 30 people died in different parts of the state on Thursday.

Source

I read in a Malayalam newspaper that its is 67, 7 of which are suicides.

Shock and grief over the death of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy in a helicopter crash has claimed as many as 67 lives across the state since Thursday, media reports said Friday.

Source

Thats even sadder news man(especially those who had taken extreme decision by committing suicide).

With no disrespect to the people who died but when will our people start appreciate how important this life is?Won't they ever think about their family before taking such stupid decision for some popular figure's death?

does it really take a cm to die to improve safety. How lame can this get :|

as the newspaper stated, the BELL chopper had developed snags twice earlier and the normal helicopter which was used by the cm was under service. Thus this was used as it was on standby.

i mean who makes these decisions?

Sad news. They had to bring the pieces of his body and wrap them for the funeral..

YSR was very popular here and a fav of the masses. He was very imp for Congress too. May his soul RIP.

Lord Nemesis said:
'Chalta hai' killed YSR:Random Access:Rajesh Kalra's blog-The Times Of India

This blog entry exactly reflects my own thoughts. We Indians are too used to this Chalta Hai attitude.

Exactly. Chalta Hai attitude is everywhere. Moreover aviation industry has a really nasty habit of learning everything the hard way..

Few months back we were given a circular that all student pilots should carry excess fuel for 30 minutes in each sortie. This was only after one of the students had to force land after the aircraft ran out of fuel in flight :mad::mad::mad:..

From what I am hearing, they have forced TV cable providers to shut down transmission of all channels except news, on which they were showing the funeral processions. Violent activists have also shut down bus depots and other government services. They are also obstructing emergency services like 108 from plying on the road. Plus, they even shut down the ATMs, why would anyone want to shut down a service like this which can be of immense help considering that the banks are already closed ? This is ***ing barbaric. Doesn't even happen under dictatorship.They are coercing people to mourn. Ridiculous. From what I would say, quite a number of those aforementioned deaths happened when the people couldn't get medical help on time

Seven days unofficial bandh ? Is that really necessary. When 300 + people die in bomb blasts , the city jumps back into action and moves on from the next day itself and here they want shut down the whole city for a week.Pathetic

cyrux said:
From what I am hearing, they have forced TV cable broadcasters to shut down transmission of all channels except the news on which they were showing the news processions. Violent activists have also shut down bus depots and other government. They are also obstructing emergency services like 108 from plying on the road. This is ***ing barbaric. Doesn't even happen under dictatorship.They are coercing people to mourn. Ridiculous. From what I would say is that quite a number of those aforementioned deaths happened when the people couldn't get medical help on time

Seven days unofficial bandh ? Is that really necessary. When 300 + people die in bomb blasts , the city jumps back into action and moves on from the next day itself and here they want shut down the whole city for a week.Pathetic
Amen
1+1 = charlimit

All happens under the eyes of the govt. or rather they were not there when it happened :(

Even if vigilante posses were setup to chase away these goons, you would lose.

The best thing is if his close family came out and made a statement against it.

7-days is riduclous, it was 1 day when rajnath died here and he was of much more importance than a politican.

mebaali said:
Thats even sadder news man(especially those who had taken extreme decision by committing suicide).

With no disrespect to the people who died but when will our people start appreciate how important this life is?Won't they ever think about their family before taking such stupid decision for some popular figure's death?

Thats the level of hero-worship that exists among these people.

I was pretty sceptical when i read the post but that TOI article lists the name of every single person, this is not fake :(

Back