Andriod phone:budget 18K

aadi007

Disciple
Android Phone: 12K Budget

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 18K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: any, 16M colors preferred

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: No Samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: 5MP, Flash required, HD video recording

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G,Wifi,bluetooth

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: mails, internet, camera, music,GPS

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Nothing in particular

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Motorola Defy plus, Sony Xperia Sola, HTC One V

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Hi,
I am not a heavy user and don't plan to install many Apps.
I will be using the phone for music, camera and GPS mainly.

Music quality and speaker quality is very important followed by the camera.
Screen size should be 3.5" or more.

HTC One V though is a generation old comes with ICS, a very good camera and good sound quality. I am more inclined towards it.
I don't need front camera. Only thing is it comes with a prev-generation processor.

I didn't consider the Sony Xperia U as it doesn't come with SD slot.

Another phone which is interesting is the Motorola Atrix 2.. don't know if it makes sense to stretch for it though.
Also, I am skeptical about the support and OS upgrades by Motorola.

Please pour in your views.

The Sola is very much in contention..
But, looks like the camera is a huge let down (very surprising for a Sony phone) and the audio output volume is very low.
Will check it out personally as a colleague has one.
Also, the 1320 mAh battery sounds very inadequate.

I am not a power user and I won't be playing any games .. so I can sacrifice a bit of processing power I guess.

If I have to stretch, the Xperia P might be a good choice. But, I don't wanna cross 20K at any cost.

How about HTC Rhyme? Ain't it worth it at 18.5k, now?

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I am also looking for a phone in this range with secondary camera to be able to video chat or for video calls!

He's a guy not a girl

LOL :)
true indeed.

I am thinking to buy the Xperia U and compromise with the less memory as I don't plan to load videos or play games.
I am getting the Xperia U at 15K approx.The sad part is - there is no phone within the 20K range which is much better than the Xperia U.. SO what's the point in stretching? And I don't wanna go above 20K. If the HTC One V would have come with a dual core proccy at 18-19Kl, I would have gone for it.

Back