Android 5.0 Jellybean to launch in Q2

Given that 4.0 is barely even out, we cannot help but consider this a bunch of "lost in translation" stuff. What's more, it would be very silly to go back to forking Android after just one unified release. Even more strange here is that 5.0 is said to allow for dual-booting of operating systems, pairing with, say,Windows 8 on a tablet. Android has already been used in similar capacity as other OEMs have adopted a dual-boot system for select devices.

Source: http://www.androidgu...o-launch-in-q2/

That is what I hate about android. There were talks about removing fragmentation with the launch of ICS but it seems like thats not going to be the case. Not to mention manufacturers take forever to bring a new version to their phones due to unnecessary customization. Rather than whipping out new OS every 6 months, google should do incremental enhancements to the existing versions and stop naive fan(boys?) from buying a new handset just for the OS.

EDIT: Also, considering they follow the alphabet while naming the version, it won't be long till they use up all the letters.

Google never gets tired of creating hype.

Why don't they just clean up their messy Android market before another release.

Sent from Galaxy S2

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the extra early launch of Android 5.0 is due to the adoption of Android 4.0 falling short of Google’s expectations, along with the impending release of Microsoft’s Windows 8 platform which is expected to target both the PC and tablet market...[/font]

Google never gets tired of creating hype.

Why don't they just clean up their messy Android market before another release.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Yep Hype is the word !
<

If it would not have been there TE would have so many threads less
<

Come on google. I and so many people's don't even licked their icecream. And now "jellybean".

From an end user's perspective how does it matter if its android 2.3.5 or 4 or 5 running on the device?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

That is what I hate about android. There were talks about removing fragmentation with the launch of ICS but it seems like thats not going to be the case. Not to mention manufacturers take forever to bring a new version to their phones due to unnecessary customization. Rather than whipping out new OS every 6 months, google should do incremental enhancements to the existing versions and stop naive fan(boys?) from buying a new handset just for the OS.

EDIT: Also, considering they follow the alphabet while naming the version, it won't be long till they use up all the letters.

16 more letters, hopefully those would serve them another 8 years

As long as your phone is compatible , you're getting a better or an improvised OS , so isnt it cool for someone who might own compatible devices ? .

One thing is that the manufacturers are not able to cope up with the new releases , it takes them so much time to come up with the latest android that there is already a new of a new version .

Let us enjoy stable build if ICS first. Google, you are going too fast, it's time to slow down and fix the framework bugs. Make it buttery smooth like iOS. I would love to see better memory management for lower end devices.

ICS has done pretty good job in terms of UI but I still feel, memory management can be better.

It's realistic to expect a custom ROM from XDA / Cynogenmod, rather expecting official release from manufacturers .

When new version is released, manufacturers concentrate on it people with low end devices are stuck without any update *cough* HTC *cough*

It's realistic to expect a custom ROM from XDA / Cynogenmod, rather expecting official release from manufacturers .

XDA developers are also in vain with ICS release.. There is no stable build as of now and only beta version..

It's too soon for JellyB.. opt time would be next year..

XDA developers are also in vain with ICS release.. There is no stable build as of now and only beta version..

^Agreed. Just in MWC 2012 ICS saw light of day from manufacturers coming up with devices running stock ICS, that too it's not been avaible to public yet and now there is speculation of JB coming Q2.

It makes no sense on Google part to come up with the next version Android too soon.

ICS itself is unstable,what can the devs do?

Despite all the hype and all those rabid fanboys CM9 is also nothing special(just like CM7).

^^ Can't agree more.. Tried 4 to 5 versions of ICS (CM9 & MIUI Base) and reverted back to gingerbread.. Google just want to create hype, hope they will develope atleast one version of OS which is as smooth as iOS

Wow this is too much man every new version every other day WTF !! I think Google should learn something from Apple in terms of controled environment.

^^ Can't agree more.. Tried 4 to 5 versions of ICS (CM9 & MIUI Base) and reverted back to gingerbread.. Google just want to create hype, hope they will develope atleast one version of OS which is as smooth as iOS

What did you not like about those ICS ROMs?

Back