Android 5.0 Jellybean to launch in Q2

^^At least one force close everyday,

Battery drain,unable to mount sd card in Mac....just to name a few.

Now you please explain where exactly do you find it superior to GB?

For me,even Froyo was same.

Sent from Galaxy S2

wrt. to stock 2.3.6 -

Overall Look and feel, Less stuttering, App drawer more Fluid. Don't have to keep killing tasks anymore.

Camera's working fine, Video's working fine.

The only app FCing regularly is Chrome Beta. All other apps are working perfectly.

Looking around for Widgets that overlap. Subtle changes, tasteful changes and I'm pretty sure I'm not going back to GB.

how do they come up with such names?? I mean.. gingerbread, honeycomb.. icecream sandwich.. n now this.. jelly bean.. next what?? lollypop?

Time to patent lollypop and make some money
<

What did you not like about those ICS ROMs?

You asking what is wrong with beta version of any ROM.. lol

Lot of things are wrong, thats y they calling it as beta..

Anyway i can go on pointing out a few things like

1) Not a proper graphics driver. 720p videos works with 2.3.7, but stutters in 4

2) Due to above, scrolling n everything not as fluid as 2.3

3) FC & reboots atleast once

4) High battery drain (But have gone better lately)

5) Apps is not compatible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a bummer

I can go on and go on.. There is no stable version of ICS for any other phone other the phone which are released with ICS... Enough reasons buddy !!!!!!

how do they come up with such names?? I mean.. gingerbread, honeycomb.. icecream sandwich.. n now this.. jelly bean.. next what?? lollypop?

I believe those dev's of google are fond of these foods and now google giving those dev's a jellybean per day...
<

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

You asking what is wrong with beta version of any ROM.. lol

Lot of things are wrong, thats y they calling it as beta..

Anyway i can go on pointing out a few things like

1) Not a proper graphics driver. 720p videos works with 2.3.7, but stutters in 4

2) Due to above, scrolling n everything not as fluid as 2.3

3) FC & reboots atleast once

4) High battery drain (But have gone better lately)

5) Apps is not compatible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a bummer

I can go on and go on.. There is no stable version of ICS for any other phone other the phone which are released with ICS... Enough reasons buddy !!!!!!

Actually you are the person b**ching about a Beta build, buddy.

I'm the one saying its decent and promising.

Let me also say that some of your points are close to correct, but -

My sgs2 on 2.3.6 suffered when less space was available. There was extreme stuttering which has improved greatly with ICS. An analogy would be the frame rate lock on consoles, overall smoothness is better.

Watching 720p on a 4.3" is not something I'm crazy about so no comments there.

All apps working barring chrome beta. Battery life is the best till date. GPS is not working though.

Custom ROMS for Medium-Lower end smartphones are already working on XDA.

The final build should be decent and a step up from GB.

Actually you are the person b**ching about a Beta build, buddy.

I'm the one saying its decent and promising.

Let me also say that some of your points are close to correct, but -

My sgs2 on 2.3.6 suffered when less space was available. There was extreme stuttering which has improved greatly with ICS. An analogy would be the frame rate lock on consoles, overall smoothness is better.

Watching 720p on a 4.3" is not something I'm crazy about so no comments there.

All apps working barring chrome beta. Battery life is the best till date. GPS is not working though.

Custom ROMS for Medium-Lower end smartphones are already working on XDA.

The final build should be decent and a step up from GB.

Seems you are the odd one out.. (Beta is called Beta for a reason!!!)

Consider yourself lucky and enjoy with it then..

Seems you are the odd one out.. (Beta is called Beta for a reason!!!)

Consider yourself lucky and enjoy with it then..

I have a suggestion for you, since you are using beta and you are not happy with it, contact the developer of that beta and tell your issues with required logs. He may solve it. b**ching about some issues here is not going to solve anything.

I am assuming that while downloading the beta, you must have agreed somewhere that you acknowledge that there may be bugs in it.

It is not about beta,even the final ICS release has/will have irritating bugs.

Like it or not,Android will always live on hype and will be little buggy.

Sent from Galaxy S2

It is not about beta,even the final ICS release has/will have irritating bugs.

Like it or not,Android will always live on hype and will be little buggy.

Sent from Galaxy S2

You are always criticising android and its buggy, laggy nature then why dont you vote with your wallet and jump ship to some other ecosystem.

Sent from laptop via idea 3G connection.

So guys ..i have a nexus s arunning gingerbread and Im thinking of manually upgrading it to ICS...so wat are the perils of manually updating? Will i be able to revert to Gingerbread if something goes wrong during updation? Above all is it really worthwhile to update to ICS considering that Im not too much of an app freak.

I have a suggestion for you, since you are using beta and you are not happy with it, contact the developer of that beta and tell your issues with required logs. He may solve it. b**ching about some issues here is not going to solve anything.

I am assuming that while downloading the beta, you must have agreed somewhere that you acknowledge that there may be bugs in it.

Amazing suggestion.. Thx.. lol

So guys ..i have a nexus s arunning gingerbread and Im thinking of manually upgrading it to ICS...so wat are the perils of manually updating? Will i be able to revert to Gingerbread if something goes wrong during updation? Above all is it really worthwhile to update to ICS considering that Im not too much of an app freak.

Wait for the official update.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Android 1.0

C Cupcake 1.5

D Donut 1.6

E Eclairs 2.0/2.1

F Froyo 2.2

G Gingerbread 2.3.x

H Honeycomb 3.x

I ICS 4.x

J Jelly Bean 5.x

K ??

L Lollypop ?

M

N Nutella?
<

Time to patent lollypop and make some money

You guys are thinking quite ahead
<

What about 'K' ?

Android 'Key Lime Pie' rumored to follow Jelly Bean

http://www.GSMarena.com/android_key_lime_pie_rumored_to_follow_jelly_bean-news-3928.php

BTW WTH is Google upto ? Will it just keep on improving its OS without caring if the previous version even reached as updates to the devices having Android already ?
<

Back