Other Android apps more stable than iOS - Study claims

artikle

Unknown Member
ex-Mod
There is a general impression among consumers that Android is in general laggy and buggy, and that apps keep crashing frequently while on the other hand Apple's OS has the most app stability. But the reality is quite the opposite claims San Francisco based analytics firm Crittercism. In a report released in March this year, the firm put forward their findings which show that Android apps are consistently more stable than their iOS counterparts on all versions of the OSes other than on Gingerbread. Personally as a user of numerous android devices and an iPad 4 I can very well say that what they say is true from my experience. But, what do you guys think?
Source: http://fortune.com/2014/03/28/report-android-apps-are-more-stable-than-apples-ios-apps/

iOS user here and many apps do crash on my phone a lot but the crashes are consistent with a set of apps. Also jailbreak is one reason few apps crash on my iPhone.

In my experience, apps rarely crash on android(I have always used flagships). Any crash is usually from a newly made or experimental app most of the times. Whereas on my iPad 4, even apps from the biggest developers keep crashing when ever they feel like. And it is not even isolated to one developer. Chrome, 9gag, google+ and almost every other app keeps crashing once a week at the least and multiple times a day at most. This was the case before the jailbreak and on iOS 6 too.

Only two apps crash on my Android - Chrome and Opera. Opera crashes if too many tabs are opened like >4 and it closes. Chrome crashes the whole Android system itself when I try to clear the cache. Entire screen freezes after a minute. Then system stops responding.
Only option is to remove the battery and wait for a minute. Stopped clearing the cache after that.

One weird thing I noticed between iOs and my android phone is iPhone shows lower signal on same Vodafone network. Saw this when my bro came to visit me. His iPhone 4 was showing 3 bars while my phone was showing full 5 bars in same spot on table where both of them were kept. Even call volume was low. Weird.

App crash and signal issues are device dependent and not related to OS.
Signal issues, yes but app crashes are only partially dependent on devices. Also, here the point the company wants to show is that more apps crash more frequently on iOS than on Android, irrespective of the cause of the crash. :)

One weird thing I noticed between iOs and my android phone is iPhone shows lower signal on same Vodafone network. Saw this when my bro came to visit me. His iPhone 4 was showing 3 bars while my phone was showing full 5 bars in same spot on table where both of them were kept. Even call volume was low. Weird.

OT, but rather than bars, check the dBm of the signal, that would give you a much clearer idea about the actual signal.

As for the chrome app, are you on stock and chrome is a system app?

Can't check the dbm since bro stays elsewhere.
Still running stock ics now. Chrome was initially a system app. I removed it with Titanium backup last year. Installed it fresh again last month from play store and its not a system app now. Have 4 browsers in system now. (°×°)

So if app crashes in iOS its even more of an issue as there are handful of devices? :p
What you mean?

What i meant is, app crash cannot be tied up with android or ios or windows or bla bla OS. For eg, the chrome browser works fine in my android device without any crashes... if user deletes a component which required(dependent) to run the app and if the app crashes, do you blame OS for that? of-course there are exceptions!

Back