Android around 20k

techygeek

Adept
Intending to buy a android phone from Dubai by august first week(cannot delay it further).

Budget: 2k Dirhams (around 30K INR)

Camera: Atleast 8MP
Should have expandable memory.

Should have a decent processor and RAM

Had decided on Xperia S but people here complaining a lot of the yellow tint issue. So not looking to buy that.

Please suggest some VFM phone for these requirements.

From what I have heard, it's a decent phone. Saw it only once, wasn't impressed with the display. The user told me that UI is not as smooth as he hoped it to be for a dual core CPU sporting phone. Haven't got the ICS update yet, still running 2.3.6. Should get it in the "near" future.

From what I have heard, it's a decent phone. Saw it only once, wasn't impressed with the display. The user told me that UI is not as smooth as he hoped it to be for a dual core CPU sporting phone. Haven't got the ICS update yet, still running 2.3.6. Should get it in the "near" future.

ICS is out for the Droid Razr, and do yourself a favour and get the Razr Maxx, fricking 3 day battery life! :D

Shortlist once you like and take spot decision ..a month in tech world is long enough time to see price correction...again consider rupee value might improve by that time

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

@techygeek

Xperia S yellow tint was an issue only in the initial batch that was shipped in April to early May. The latest batch does not have any yellow tint issue whatsoever. You can confirm this on XDA as well. My Xperia S (bought in May) also has no yellow tint issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I was really hoping that Droid Razr was good.

and Razr Maxx is listed as CDMA phone at Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX - Full phone specifications
so wont work on gsm operators here??

the motorola page for Middle East clearly states its a GSM device and not a CDMA one!

Please note RAZR MAX is available in both CDMA & GSM, depending upon various markets

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

@techygeek , out of curiosity; are you in DXB now?

If not do, cheack out various online retailers, like Sharf DG, Jumbo.... and lot more, by the time your buying its Ramazan in the middle east, yu might even be lucky to get yourself a SIII for the same price... Huge discounts and sales happen during Ramzan.. Good luck with your purchase!

Back